Windows Messenger Ver 4.7

Hi

I've been reading the responses to the question so many
of us have, & that is about how to remove Windows
Messenger from our computers. So far the solution seems
to be unsatisfactory, as it just disables the program but
does not allow us to delet it. I have the same question,
but I also have another question too.

About 12 months or so ago I was faced with the same
problem, due to needing a hard-drive update & having to
reinstall a bunch of programs. When I updated Messenger,
suddenly I had two. And the same situation that we've all
got now. Except for the solution.....it was different.
There was a code provided, in this site somewhere, that I
just cut & pasted into the "Run" section of my Start
Menu. Then I clicked "okay" & it was basically done.
There was not two versions of any messenger in my
computer. Now, I'm here looking for that code again &
I'm seeing this alternative way of dealing with the
issue, which is really not helping to delete the problem
from the hard drive. Can you tell me where that code has
gone or if there is a new permanent solution to taking
this from my system?

Thanx for your help.

Greetings,

Here's the "code": Click the start button, then click Run and type in (copy-paste if you
like):
RunDll32 advpack.dll,LaunchINFSection %windir%\INF\msmsgs.inf,BLC.Remove

Then click OK.
Messenger will then be uninstalled. For more detailed instructions and screenshots, go to,
http://messenger.jonathankay.com/problem.aspx?ID=7
Jonathan Kay
Associate Expert

"limesplice" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi
>
> I've been reading the responses to the question so many
> of us have, & that is about how to remove Windows
> Messenger from our computers. So far the solution seems
> to be unsatisfactory, as it just disables the program but
> does not allow us to delet it. I have the same question,
> but I also have another question too.
>
> About 12 months or so ago I was faced with the same
> problem, due to needing a hard-drive update & having to
> reinstall a bunch of programs. When I updated Messenger,
> suddenly I had two. And the same situation that we've all
> got now. Except for the solution.....it was different.
> There was a code provided, in this site somewhere, that I
> just cut & pasted into the "Run" section of my Start
> Menu. Then I clicked "okay" & it was basically done.
> There was not two versions of any messenger in my
> computer. Now, I'm here looking for that code again &
> I'm seeing this alternative way of dealing with the
> issue, which is really not helping to delete the problem
> from the hard drive. Can you tell me where that code has
> gone or if there is a new permanent solution to taking
> this from my system?
>
> Thanx for your help.

Johnothan, thank you so much for that, very much
appreciated.

cheers.

Jonathan Kay.

>"limesplice" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote
in message
>> Hi
>>
>> I've been reading the responses to the question so many
>> of us have, & that is about how to remove Windows
>> Messenger from our computers. So far the solution
seems
>> to be unsatisfactory, as it just disables the program
but
>> does not allow us to delet it. I have the same
question,
>> but I also have another question too.
>>
>> About 12 months or so ago I was faced with the same
>> problem, due to needing a hard-drive update & having to
>> reinstall a bunch of programs. When I updated
Messenger,
>> suddenly I had two. And the same situation that we've
all
>> got now. Except for the solution.....it was different.
>> There was a code provided, in this site somewhere,
that I
>> just cut & pasted into the "Run" section of my Start
>> Menu. Then I clicked "okay" & it was basically done.
>> There was not two versions of any messenger in my
>> computer. Now, I'm here looking for that code again &
>> I'm seeing this alternative way of dealing with the
>> issue, which is really not helping to delete the
problem
>> from the hard drive. Can you tell me where that code
has
>> gone or if there is a new permanent solution to taking
>> this from my system?
>>
>> Thanx for your help.
>

>.

Hi,