looking for portable games (no installs) that can run from..

Archived from groups: alt.comp.freeware.games,alt.comp.freeware (More info?)

yea, even a multi game solitaire would be nice.
10 answers Last reply
More about looking portable games installs from
  1. Archived from groups: alt.comp.freeware.games,alt.comp.freeware (More info?)

    www.digger.org .Some great games they are not Windows friendly though
    must be played in DOS.
  2. Archived from groups: alt.comp.freeware.games,alt.comp.freeware (More info?)

    thanks guys.
  3. Archived from groups: alt.comp.freeware.games,alt.comp.freeware (More info?)

    i forgot about solitude, thanks for the reminder.
  4. Archived from groups: alt.comp.freeware.games,alt.comp.freeware (More info?)

    On that special day, *ProteanThread*, (rtdos@rtdos.com) said...

    > yea, even a multi game solitaire would be nice.

    Here it is: Solitude

    http://www.geocities.com/dbergis/freeware.htm (second entry)

    Absolutely no install (except unzipping it), you can even run the games
    by themselves; the menu is just an additional interface.

    I still play them every now and then.

    Gabriele Neukam

    Gabriele.Spamfighter.Neukam@t-online.de

    just so, at no cost.
  5. Archived from groups: alt.comp.freeware.games,alt.comp.freeware (More info?)

    Gabriele Neukam wrote:
    > On that special day, *ProteanThread*, (rtdos@rtdos.com) said...
    >

    >>yea, even a multi game solitaire would be nice.
    >

    > Here it is: Solitude
    >
    > http://www.geocities.com/dbergis/freeware.htm (second entry)
    >
    > Absolutely no install (except unzipping it), you can even run the games
    > by themselves; the menu is just an additional interface.

    All I am seeing is the install version. Don't see the "second entry"

    Mike Sa
  6. Archived from groups: alt.comp.freeware.games,alt.comp.freeware (More info?)

    In article <1121892300.878271.197260@g47g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>,
    rtdos@rtdos.com says...
    > yea, even a multi game solitaire would be nice.

    Many games come with an installer, just to make it easy for
    inexperienced users to put the files onto their machines. You'll find
    alot of freeware games fall into that catagory, install them to your USB
    drive and you'll find they will run on another machine from your drive
    without the need to install them on that machine. It's just a case of
    trying games and seeing which ones will work.

    All of my games fall into that catagory, so there's some for you
    anyway... www.mikearcher.org.uk

    Mike Archer
  7. Archived from groups: alt.comp.freeware.games,alt.comp.freeware (More info?)

    ["Mike Archer"; Sat, 23 Jul 2005 02:39:02 GMT]

    > Many games come with an installer, just to make it easy for
    > inexperienced users to put the files onto their machines.

    And note that some of these installers are actually just self-extracting
    RARs. If you own WinRAR, you can right-click on the executable; if you see
    "Open in WinRAR," then that's the case. It's a pleasant surprise.
    --
    J44xm <http://j44xm.notlong.com>
  8. Archived from groups: alt.comp.freeware.games,alt.comp.freeware (More info?)

    Mike Archer wrote:
    > In article <1121892300.878271.197260@g47g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>,
    > rtdos@rtdos.com says...
    >
    >>yea, even a multi game solitaire would be nice.
    >>

    > Many games come with an installer, just to make it easy for
    > inexperienced users to put the files onto their machines. You'll find
    > alot of freeware games fall into that catagory, install them to your USB
    > drive and you'll find they will run on another machine from your drive
    > without the need to install them on that machine. It's just a case of
    > trying games and seeing which ones will work.
    >
    > All of my games fall into that catagory, so there's some for you
    > anyway... www.mikearcher.org.uk
    >
    > Mike Archer

    Thanks Mike.

    --
    Woodzy

    http://www.rtdos.com (alt OS for games based on the classics)
    http://rtdos.com/community.htm ( retro computing community )
  9. Archived from groups: alt.comp.freeware.games,alt.comp.freeware (More info?)

    In article <1121892300.878271.197260@g47g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>,
    rtdos@rtdos.com says...
    > yea, even a multi game solitaire would be nice.

    I really like Laser Tank. It's a puzzle game, sort of a capture-the-
    flag, sokoban, reflections mashup.

    http://www.jccontrols.net/laser/

    The older 16-bit 1-3.x versions are no-install and have "only" 770
    levels, instead of thousands. The download links for the 3.1 version on
    the site are broken, I've located another source:

    ftp://ftp.freeware.ru/win/mycomputer/games/ltank31.zip (270K)

    The newer 4.x versions use an installer. But, if you install it on your
    HD, you can copy the files lasertank.exe, lasertank.hlp, and
    lasertank.lvl to your USB drive and it'll work (it uses a local ini file
    to save state).

    Naoki Ito's old-school 8-bit-style games are a lot of fun:

    http://ni.andkon.com/x1.html
    http://ni.andkon.com/p1.html

    I especially recommend Dlgate, Isitar5, LodeX, and Ball2.
  10. Archived from groups: alt.comp.freeware.games,alt.comp.freeware (More info?)

    Thanks Charlie I'll take a look at those too.

Freeware Games Solitaire Video Games