The moon by day, and the sun by night.
Blind woman, deaf man, jackdaw fool.
Let the Lord of Chaos rule!

Hansi <h.ruebenkamp@gmx.de> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> i just found this one:
> http://test.internet-webmaster.de/upload/1126941931.jpg
>
> Soulfeast Tine

I'm not sure about D2classic, but I'm 100% sure it's been around since LoD
1.07. So no, it's not a new unique.

On a side note, while browsing through one of the infamous D2 sites
(D2sector) I saw this listed as a new 1.11 unique:

Merman's Sprocket
Unique Wyrmhide Boots

* 65% Faster Run/Walk
* +420 Defense
* +310 Defense vs. Missiles
* Replenish Life +5
* +12 To Mana (Based on Character Level)
* Regenerate Mana 8%
* +75 Magic Absorb
* Poison Resist 12% (Based on Character Level)
* +55 Cold Absorb
* Cannot be Frozen

Rumor? Dupe? Simply BS? Does anyone have more info on this?

Here's a link, but *be warned*, I wouldn't browse it without an active
firewall, just to be on a safe side:

http://www.d2sector.net/content.php?page=111/uniqueitems

--
Duergar

> Nah, it's an old one

yeah, i found out too... i guess i never found it before..

Hansi

Duergar <duergar@gmail.com> wrote:

> Merman's Sprocket
> Unique Wyrmhide Boots
>
> * 65% Faster Run/Walk
> * +420 Defense
> * +310 Defense vs. Missiles
> * Replenish Life +5
> * +12 To Mana (Based on Character Level)
> * Regenerate Mana 8%
> * +75 Magic Absorb
> * Poison Resist 12% (Based on Character Level)
> * +55 Cold Absorb
> * Cannot be Frozen
>
> Rumor? Dupe? Simply BS? Does anyone have more info on this?

OK, I did a quick search, and it seems that these boots exist in MPQs, and
were actually enabled during 1.10(beta), but were left out in the
1.10final, because they were waaaay overpowered, and basically belong in
the "constricting ring category". Also there's no evidence that they were
re-enabled in 1.11.

But, damn, do I want a pair! :(

--
Duergar
Now playing:

On that special day, Duergar, (duergar@gmail.com) said...

> Merman's Sprocket
> Unique Wyrmhide Boots
>
> * 65% Faster Run/Walk
> * +420 Defense
> * +310 Defense vs. Missiles
> * Replenish Life +5
> * +12 To Mana (Based on Character Level)
> * Regenerate Mana 8%
> * +75 Magic Absorb
> * Poison Resist 12% (Based on Character Level)
> * +55 Cold Absorb
> * Cannot be Frozen
>
> Rumor? Dupe? Simply BS? Does anyone have more info on this?

I cannot imagine that Blizzard will enable a pair of boots with +65%
speed and +420 to defense, no matter how high the level requirement may
be. This not how they designed the game. I guess this is a hack or a
fake.

Gabriele Neukam

Gabriele.Spamfighter.Neukam@t-online.de

just so, at no cost.

No not new. It has been able to spawn in 1.09 or later.

--
Jake Mysterio - The Mysterious One of Nothingness.

Gabriele Neukam <Gabriele.Spamfighter.Neukam@t-online.de> wrote:
> On that special day, Duergar, (duergar@gmail.com) said...
>
>> Merman's Sprocket
>> Unique Wyrmhide Boots
>>
>> * 65% Faster Run/Walk
>> * +420 Defense
>> * +310 Defense vs. Missiles
>> * Replenish Life +5
>> * +12 To Mana (Based on Character Level)
>> * Regenerate Mana 8%
>> * +75 Magic Absorb
>> * Poison Resist 12% (Based on Character Level)
>> * +55 Cold Absorb
>> * Cannot be Frozen
>>
>> Rumor? Dupe? Simply BS? Does anyone have more info on this?
>
> I cannot imagine that Blizzard will enable a pair of boots with +65%
> speed and +420 to defense, no matter how high the level requirement may
> be. This not how they designed the game.

Normally I'd agree, but compared to enabled items like "Enigma", "BotD" or
"Beast", this footwear looks almost ridiculous. If it were up to me, I'd
enable it, but with nearly impossible drop chances.

> I guess this is a hack or a fake.

Well, "screenshot" on "d2sector" certainly looks like a mediocre Photoshop
job.

Also, interesting thing is, "diabloii.net" has it listed under unique boots
list, but without game version information. Not that "diabloii.net" is
famous for thoroughly checked info, but still...

--
Duergar