Error message when starting WM

We have an Exchange 2000 server that we run IM through. The clients are a
mixture of WOK Prof and XP Prof. I have 2 XP Prof client that can't start
WM. They get the following message: 'This application has failed to start
because the application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling the
application may fix this problem.' I have tried to reinstall the IM but I
keep getting the same error message. I am trying to install V5.0 for XP.

Thank you for any and all help that is given.

Bill Williams
1 answer Last reply
More about error message starting

    Greetings Bill,

    How exactly are you reinstalling? Instead of removing/installing, with Windows Messenger 5
    *installed*, download and run the setup executable again:
    http://microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=77c3799f-6388-4193-8002-be55584c1ac1

    After the setup procedure starts you'll be prompted to simply "Repair" the installation, do
    so and this should correct this for you.
    Jonathan Kay
    Associate Expert

    "Bill Williams" <wew108@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > We have an Exchange 2000 server that we run IM through. The clients are a mixture of WOK
    > Prof and XP Prof. I have 2 XP Prof client that can't start WM. They get the following
    > message: 'This application has failed to start because the application configuration is
    > incorrect. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem.' I have tried to reinstall
    > the IM but I keep getting the same error message. I am trying to install V5.0 for XP.
    >
    > Thank you for any and all help that is given.
    >

    > Bill Williams

Error Message Windows XP