Older Card

I have a older voodoo5 card..It works very well..What would be the next best card for glide based games?Since Quake is the bulk of my game play..A few years back I bought a Gainward Gforce 2 ti 500 golden series..Its still in the bag,and never installed..Unless someother card is better for what im doing.....Otherwise all the other stuff i do on the Puter is just playing around.......Any help would be helpfull.....
5 answers Last reply
More about older card
  1. Glide was 3DFX only . No other card company supports Glide.

Depending on the speed of your computer you could run it in D3D or OpenGL. But glide is gone with 3DFX.

I aint signing nothing!!!
  2. Ok im running a Amd 1200 with 512 ram (crucial level 2)No bells ,No well you know what..FIC 11 mobo,dvd,zip,CDR,nick card....Does this help?Ive been around for a while...Just lost track ....Yes i know Glide is 3dfx..Just want to know which card would be better in Quake..In home,online,What ever.....Thanks

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by Helpmostimes on 11/23/02 10:15 PM.</EM></FONT></P>
  3. Your best option would be a GF4 Ti 4200. But if I were you I'd throw in that GF2 and give it a shot. They were really good vid cards. If you do buy a new card stay AWAY from GF4 MX cards as they're really just GF2's on steroids.

The Men Behind the GUNS!

<A HREF="http://www.btvillarin.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=327" target="_new"><b>MY SYSTEM</b></A>
  4. I too have the VooDoo5 card in two of my 4 computers. I upgraded to Windowz XP last year and had problems with drivers for that OS and the VooDoo5. I use the Dozer 1.1 drivers from VooDooiles.com and they work great on everything except UT2003. My other computers have ATI Radeon 8500LE/128 cards and after playing with some config stuff in the Quake2 config files, I got it playable and to be honest, the graphics are better than the VooDoo5's are. When you run Quake2 in openGL mode, for some reason it's too dark to play. I have the items for the config file to make them work though if you're interested.

UsHeR_564

"You can run, but your punk ass will only die tired!"
  5. Well that sounds fine....But im not ready to give up 98se..XP does not really look that good right now...Yes i know 98se is a little slower,,but i can handle it..Besides ive gotten pretty good with this operating systom..I think ill take the plunge,,and install the gf2 card..Thanks any way for your help...........
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Games Graphics