Windows messenger disabling

ever since service pack 2.0 whenever i bring up outlook express I get
annoying popups concerning what name i want use etc. I do not want to use
windows messenger at all. Gow can I get things back to normal? Thanks much

Greetings,

If you close Outlook Express, then download and run the following .reg file, Messenger will
no longer run with Outlook Express:
http://messenger.jonathankay.com/downloads/stopmessenger_oe.reg
Jonathan Kay
Associate Expert

"fstan" <fstan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> ever since service pack 2.0 whenever i bring up outlook express I get
> annoying popups concerning what name i want use etc. I do not want to use
> windows messenger at all. Gow can I get things back to normal? Thanks much

Thanks Jonathan Kay not only for the reg file but also for the most prompt
response

"Jonathan Kay [MVP]" wrote:

> Greetings,
>
> If you close Outlook Express, then download and run the following .reg file, Messenger will
> no longer run with Outlook Express:
> http://messenger.jonathankay.com/downloads/stopmessenger_oe.reg
> Jonathan Kay
> Associate Expert
>
> "fstan" <fstan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > ever since service pack 2.0 whenever i bring up outlook express I get
> > annoying popups concerning what name i want use etc. I do not want to use
> > windows messenger at all. Gow can I get things back to normal? Thanks much

Hi,

You're very welcome =)