SIP Communication Server Login

James

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Messenger v4.7

This morning I was asked if I wanted to login to .NET and SIP. Foolishly I
selected SIP as well (to see what would happen), and supprise supprise it
can't sign in to SIP.

Problem: Messenger now trys to sign in to SIP every time. How do I stop this?

Greetings James,

To fix this, open the main Messenger window, click the Tools menu in Messenger, then select
Options. Click the Accounts tab and then click the option button '.NET Passport' under 'Sign
in with this account first:'. Then, uncheck the box 'My contacts include users of a
communications service', click OK and then try and sign on again
Jonathan Kay
Associate Expert

"james" <james@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Messenger v4.7
>
> This morning I was asked if I wanted to login to .NET and SIP. Foolishly I
> selected SIP as well (to see what would happen), and supprise supprise it
> can't sign in to SIP.
>
> Problem: Messenger now trys to sign in to SIP every time. How do I stop this?

James

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Thanks Jonathan,

Great except for the lack of an 'Accounts' tab. I suspect this is not
available on Windows Messenger, only MSN.

So I'm still stuck.

"Jonathan Kay [MVP]" wrote:

> Greetings James,
>
> To fix this, open the main Messenger window, click the Tools menu in Messenger, then select
> Options. Click the Accounts tab and then click the option button '.NET Passport' under 'Sign
> in with this account first:'. Then, uncheck the box 'My contacts include users of a
> communications service', click OK and then try and sign on again
> Jonathan Kay
> Associate Expert
>

> "james" <james@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Messenger v4.7
> >
> > This morning I was asked if I wanted to login to .NET and SIP. Foolishly I
> > selected SIP as well (to see what would happen), and supprise supprise it
> > can't sign in to SIP.
> >
> > Problem: Messenger now trys to sign in to SIP every time. How do I stop this?

Hi James,

No version of MSN Messenger since 4.6 supports SIP.

What's the exact build that you're using of Messenger (click Help, then About)?