Computer store in San Francisco that sells X800XT?

AndreasPersson

Distinguished
Jul 12, 2004
Hi!
Can someone help me find a store in San Francisco that sells Ati X800XT cards? My parents are on a vacation in that area and I want them to buy me this card. Only problem is that so far I've only seen one store that has this card and it's quite expensive at that place. It's a cheaper card in the U.S. than in Sweden where I live.
Thank you!

dhlucke

Polypheme
Anything will be cheaper than sweden. Tell them to check out best buy, frys electronics (up in sacramento), and newegg.com. You could suggest that they open up the Pacific Bell Yellow Pages (telephone directory) and look up some small local computer shops as well. A last suggestion would be to see if a computer show is in town. They might have to go to San Jose but that might not be a bad option. Your biggest problem is that those cards aren't really in the retail channel yet.

Newegg has it for $599
My Frys down here in San Diego doesn't carry any of the new x800 cards yet. They just got the 6800GT.
Best buy will have it for $499.

Lycka till.

<i><font color=blue>Edited by Scamtron on 10/11/01 09:58 PM

AndreasPersson

Distinguished
Jul 12, 2004
Thanks!
I found one place that had a x800xt card in store for $574. Thats the only one I've found so far. When it comes to stores like Best buy and newegg do they have stores where you can buy the stuff directly or do you have to place an order first and the card gets sent to the store or how does it work?

dhlucke

Polypheme
Newegg is in Southern California so you would have to get it shipped to the hotel or someplace. It would take a few days.

Best Buy should just have them in the stores when they actually do carry them.

You're going to pay a decent amount of money right now no matter what. See if you can find out when Best Buy will have them in stock since $499 seems reasonable.

<i><font color=blue>Edited by Scamtron on 10/11/01 09:58 PM