Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Divine divinity - opinions

Last response: in Video Games
Share
Anonymous
September 20, 2005 5:19:54 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo2 (More info?)

Anybody ever play a game called Divine Divinity? Opinions on it? Seems
to be a sort of D2 clone
Anonymous
September 20, 2005 6:27:21 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo2 (More info?)

RDickinson wrote:
> Anybody ever play a game called Divine Divinity? Opinions on it? Seems
> to be a sort of D2 clone

It is, sort of, but it's more in "the manner of" rather than strictly a
clone such as Sacred is, if that makes any sense--one of the best, too, if
not the very best. It's well worth playing if you're a fan of the genre.

--
chainbreaker
Anonymous
September 22, 2005 4:21:46 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo2 (More info?)

RDickinson <sheer-kubla-khan@yahoo.com> skrev i meddelelsen
news:1127232214.d7cf1293422635b59259f4e9067edaf8@bubbanews:

> Anybody ever play a game called Divine Divinity? Opinions on it? Seems
> to be a sort of D2 clone

Nice little game. A lot more RPG than Diablo, though (storyline, quests
etc.)

You should be able to pick it up pretty cheap - give it a go.

--
Arcana Dragon -==(UDIC)==-
d++e++N++T+++Om-KAWML!34567'!S'!8!9!u+uC+uF+++uG-u
LBĀ®----uAnC+nH++nP+nI----nPT-nS+++nT----o---oE---xz
http://www.phyton.dk/games.htm
Related resources
Anonymous
September 22, 2005 6:08:07 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo2 (More info?)

I have Divine Divinty and Sacred and I like sacred alot more. The only
thing I hate about Sacred is how fast the enemies respawn.


"RDickinson" <sheer-kubla-khan@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:1127232214.d7cf1293422635b59259f4e9067edaf8@bubbanews...
>
>
> Anybody ever play a game called Divine Divinity? Opinions on it? Seems
> to be a sort of D2 clone
Anonymous
September 22, 2005 9:16:14 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo2 (More info?)

On that special day, Lowline, (gabber@telus.net) said...

> I have Divine Divinty and Sacred and I like sacred alot more. The only
> thing I hate about Sacred is how fast the enemies respawn.

Your description fits quite well. I've played both, and found that DD
shows some features of an arpg (combat is in real time) and crpg (game
can be saved everywhere, including locations and actions of NPCs)

Sacred OTOH can be played like a crpg (in the campaign mode, which is
SP only), or like diablo with fixed maps. Multiplayer may also be
played as a campaign, but you cannot restore the exact same situation
like in SP. It is rather in between, and maybe doesn't appeal to many
people.

Howecer it allows for a neat trick. When saving and loading a MP
campaign status, the game doesn't check whether the character that is
entering this game, is identical to the one with which the game was
saved.

Play the campaign with one character to the end. Save games at the
various waypoints. Load the game with another fresh character, and
voila free travel acroos the country.

Save a game immediately before the final battle, and your noob
character is good for the next difficulty. Some lvl1 chars made Niob
that way (of course, they are needed for muling).


Gabriele Neukam

Gabriele.Spamfighter.Neukam@t-online.de


--
Ah, Information. A property, too valuable these days, to give it away,
just so, at no cost.
Anonymous
September 22, 2005 9:16:15 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo2 (More info?)

Gabriele Neukam wrote:
> On that special day, Lowline, (gabber@telus.net) said...
>
>> I have Divine Divinty and Sacred and I like sacred alot more. The
>> only thing I hate about Sacred is how fast the enemies respawn.
>
> Your description fits quite well. I've played both, and found that DD
> shows some features of an arpg (combat is in real time) and crpg (game
> can be saved everywhere, including locations and actions of NPCs)
>
> Sacred OTOH can be played like a crpg (in the campaign mode, which is
> SP only), or like diablo with fixed maps. Multiplayer may also be
> played as a campaign, but you cannot restore the exact same situation
> like in SP. It is rather in between, and maybe doesn't appeal to many
> people.

Maybe right now Sacred is a decent game, but I'm afraid my opinion of it
will be forever colored by the horrendous mess it was right out of the gate.

--
chainbreaker
Anonymous
September 22, 2005 9:16:16 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo2 (More info?)

On Thu, 22 Sep 2005 14:15:53 -0400, "chainbreaker" <noone@nowhere.com>
wrote:

>Gabriele Neukam wrote:
>> On that special day, Lowline, (gabber@telus.net) said...
>>
>>> I have Divine Divinty and Sacred and I like sacred alot more. The
>>> only thing I hate about Sacred is how fast the enemies respawn.
>>
>> Your description fits quite well. I've played both, and found that DD
>> shows some features of an arpg (combat is in real time) and crpg (game
>> can be saved everywhere, including locations and actions of NPCs)
>>
>> Sacred OTOH can be played like a crpg (in the campaign mode, which is
>> SP only), or like diablo with fixed maps. Multiplayer may also be
>> played as a campaign, but you cannot restore the exact same situation
>> like in SP. It is rather in between, and maybe doesn't appeal to many
>> people.
>
>Maybe right now Sacred is a decent game, but I'm afraid my opinion of it
>will be forever colored by the horrendous mess it was right out of the gate.


I liked it. I waited until a few months ago to try it and apparently
lots of the problems were fixed. I also always play single-player.
True, the baddies spawn almost immediately, but that allows for some
levelling up material, so I saw that as lemonade from lemons.

Pretty good game, the graphics were very good. They say Sacred 2 is
already out in Europe. I havent seen it in the US.
Anonymous
September 23, 2005 3:03:38 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo2 (More info?)

On that special day, Hilton Hyatt, (sheer-kubla-khan@yahoo.com) said...

> Pretty good game, the graphics were very good. They say Sacred 2 is
> already out in Europe. I havent seen it in the US.

No, they are currently programming it. please wait until next year.


Gabriele Neukam

Gabriele.Spamfighter.Neukam@t-online.de


--
Ah, Information. A property, too valuable these days, to give it away,
just so, at no cost.
!