Uber opportunity

If you have a uber smiter keep reading...

I recently started playing d2 again, and have subsequently become
addicted again :). I have collected 7 destruction keys and 6 hate keys,
I start my hunt with Nihlathak, then the summoner, then the countess.
It must be a bug but the countess hasn't dropped my necro one key in a
hundred runs. I have given up on her, I will be trading D-keys for
them.

When I started collecting keys I figured i might be able to trade 6
keysets for a necro torch, but seeing as you can't trade a torch via
conventional methods I have shyed away, its kind of sad how many
scammers are playing. I have no friends who play D2, and my wife isn't
what I would call a gamer, so I could build myself a smiter and try and
solo OR pay for some help...

The opportunity is this:
(On USeast, ladder)
If you have a character able to help me(a summoning necro) collect the
organs and kill the ubers you can have one of the torches. The only
stipulation is that if a necro or a sorc torch fall I want one,
otherwise you get your pick(so if a drabby druid and a perf pally torch
fall: you pick)

Some quick stats on my char, maybe this is infeasable, you tell me:
Lvl 88
full trang
Leoric wand
+2 marrows
+3 summoning ammy
2 summoning GC's
misc rare rings

I have 37 summoning mastery, and 35 in skellies, 13 revives.
Max dim vision, 1 in all others (5-7 with items i think)
Max CE
1 unused point

I figure I will be done collecting keys soon, please respond publicly
or email me if you are interested. If you have a necro torch and you
are a regular poster please respond as well if you are interested in
getting rid of it.
22 answers Last reply
More about uber opportunity

    Thanks for the offer, I completed the keysets now (1 dkey goes for 3
    tkeys) sounds like your sorc is light years ahead of mine. Shes doing
    hell meph runs in mainly rare gear, except for duriels shell...

    "LaoTze" wrote...
    > If you have a uber smiter keep reading...
    >
    > I recently started playing d2 again, and have subsequently become
    > addicted again :). I have collected 7 destruction keys and 6 hate keys,
    > I start my hunt with Nihlathak, then the summoner, then the countess.
    > It must be a bug but the countess hasn't dropped my necro one key in a
    > hundred runs. I have given up on her, I will be trading D-keys for
    > them.
    >
    > When I started collecting keys I figured i might be able to trade 6
    > keysets for a necro torch, but seeing as you can't trade a torch via
    > conventional methods I have shyed away, its kind of sad how many
    > scammers are playing. I have no friends who play D2, and my wife isn't
    > what I would call a gamer, so I could build myself a smiter and try and
    > solo OR pay for some help...
    >
    > The opportunity is this:
    > (On USeast, ladder)
    > If you have a character able to help me(a summoning necro) collect the
    > organs and kill the ubers you can have one of the torches. The only
    > stipulation is that if a necro or a sorc torch fall I want one,
    > otherwise you get your pick(so if a drabby druid and a perf pally torch
    > fall: you pick)
    >
    > Some quick stats on my char, maybe this is infeasable, you tell me:
    > Lvl 88
    > full trang
    > Leoric wand
    > +2 marrows
    > +3 summoning ammy
    > 2 summoning GC's
    > misc rare rings
    >
    > I have 37 summoning mastery, and 35 in skellies, 13 revives.
    > Max dim vision, 1 in all others (5-7 with items i think)
    > Max CE
    > 1 unused point
    >
    > I figure I will be done collecting keys soon, please respond publicly
    > or email me if you are interested. If you have a necro torch and you
    > are a regular poster please respond as well if you are interested in
    > getting rid of it.

    I am in no position yet to even think about the Ubers, but I have amassed
    several Terror keys from innumerable Countess runs with my sorc (trying to
    get decent runes). I'll give you 3 for whatever you have that'll help a
    poor sorc. I've got the runes to make an Insight stick for my merc, but I
    refuse to put them into a non-elite weapon. Preferably an ethereal
    Thresher, or even a Great Poleaxe. I've also got the runes to make a
    much-needed Spirit shield, but have not yet found a Monarch (or Ward or
    Aegis). Currently using a 3-pDiamond Troll Nest (but hey, she's at max
    resists in Hell, so I can't complain).

    USEast SCL Account Names: *DjinnMaker1, 2, 3, and 4

    Email me if you want to.

    > The opportunity is this:
    > (On USeast, ladder)
    > If you have a character able to help me(a summoning necro) collect the
    > organs and kill the ubers you can have one of the torches. The only
    > stipulation is that if a necro or a sorc torch fall I want one,
    > otherwise you get your pick(so if a drabby druid and a perf pally torch
    > fall: you pick)

    When you kill the Ubers, only one torch drop. Even in a multiplyer
    game. So, you cant offer "one of the torches"...
    Maybe i am not understanding you well(english is not my native
    langage..)
    If it is the case i am sorry for my intervention!

    Louis

    Hardcore?

    You only need to provide the complete sets of keys, I and one friend
    will do the rest, you keep the torch. We do not charge anything, we do
    this for fun.

    I prefer not to post my account name here, but if you let me know
    yours, I'll contact you online. I'm on in the evening hours US Eastern
    Daylight Time.

    "LaoTze" wrote...
    > Thanks for the offer, I completed the keysets now (1 dkey goes for 3
    > tkeys) sounds like your sorc is light years ahead of mine. Shes doing
    > hell meph runs in mainly rare gear, except for duriels shell...

    My sorc hasn't even made it to hell meph yet.

    I have 6 keysets, it only takes 3 keysets to get 1 torch.

    Thanks for the offer, I did manage to trade them already for a decent
    necro torch, I wouldn't have minded knowing that someone else on the
    group got a torch, I only need one. You would do this hardcore??? You
    must have quite the setup!

    LaoTze wrote:
    > Thanks for the offer, I did manage to trade them already for a decent
    > necro torch, I wouldn't have minded knowing that someone else on the
    > group got a torch, I only need one. You would do this hardcore??? You
    > must have quite the setup!

    Yes I play in hardcore. I don't have very expensive setup, HoZ being
    the only uber item, but even that is not required, I could switch it to
    a Spirit Zakarum Shield.

    We're known in the Battlenet trading forum as torch sellers. We offer
    free uber killing in that forum, only requirement is you provide
    complete sets keys or organs, you'll get your torch in 15 mins, 20 mins
    if you also need us to collect organs. We also kill Diablo Clone for
    free in less than 1 min if you provide the game. Some grateful clients
    have donated items, pgems, or runes, but that's never a requirement.

    In fact I also have an account in www.RPGTraders.net (a trading site
    maintained by www.diabloii.net). This account has reached the Godly
    Trader status with over 60 positive feedbacks. But I haven't used that
    site for trading this season since number of users seem to decrease
    significantly compared to last season. Now I only use that account to
    show that I'm trustworthy to new Battlenet forum user that wants to buy
    torch from us.

    Brian Kastel wrote:

    > Do you also do this in SC?

    No, I don't play SC; East HCL only.

    "Alex Holtz" wrote...

    > LaoTze wrote:
    >> Thanks for the offer, I did manage to trade them already for a decent
    >> necro torch, I wouldn't have minded knowing that someone else on the
    >> group got a torch, I only need one. You would do this hardcore??? You
    >> must have quite the setup!
    >
    > Yes I play in hardcore. I don't have very expensive setup, HoZ being
    > the only uber item, but even that is not required, I could switch it to
    > a Spirit Zakarum Shield.
    >
    > We're known in the Battlenet trading forum as torch sellers. We offer
    > free uber killing in that forum, only requirement is you provide
    > complete sets keys or organs, you'll get your torch in 15 mins, 20 mins
    > if you also need us to collect organs. We also kill Diablo Clone for
    > free in less than 1 min if you provide the game. Some grateful clients
    > have donated items, pgems, or runes, but that's never a requirement.
    >
    > In fact I also have an account in www.RPGTraders.net (a trading site
    > maintained by www.diabloii.net). This account has reached the Godly
    > Trader status with over 60 positive feedbacks. But I haven't used that
    > site for trading this season since number of users seem to decrease
    > significantly compared to last season. Now I only use that account to
    > show that I'm trustworthy to new Battlenet forum user that wants to buy
    > torch from us.

    Do you also do this in SC?

    Brian Kastel wrote:
    > I've got the runes to make an Insight stick for my merc, but I
    > refuse to put them into a non-elite weapon.

    No offense to you, Brian, but why not? I've made 3 insight sticks along
    the way to Hell. The first was a Voulge of all things, and I'm improving
    as I go. The last was a thresher (not ethereal) and kicks butt. If I
    come across a suitable better one (ethereal), I'll do another Insight. I
    traded one of the lower ones (eth Bec de Corbin I think), and the other
    lower one is being used by my newer Necro's merc in Normal - lower Str
    requirement makes it possible. Mana is mana...

    Insight's not that expensive - Sol drops often enough from NM countess.
    I had made my first Insight only 10 days into the new ladder season, and
    I have a day job :-) Some will laugh that it was a Voulge, but it was
    better than nothing when it came to helping my sorc TP around for NM
    countess runs, etc.

    My point is, the Insight merc is as much a mana source as a killing
    machine - in the beginning I was willing to sacrifice the deadliness of
    the merc a bit. As long as he can tank, you take stuff out with sorc. My
    merc wears Crow Caw for the 15% IAS (also found it along the way) so
    even with a measly Voulge he wasn't totally impotent. With the Insight
    Thresher, he's much better in Hell (lvl 83 now) and I can let him take
    out the bosses that are immune to my FO/CL sorc. The other day I traded
    for Tal's mask and now he's even more "independent" with the life leech.

    On Thu, 22 Sep 2005 16:29:55 -0400, Nobody <anonymous@bogus.invalid>
    wrote:

    >[Snip, Insight is cheapo]

    I agree. Stick it in something low level for the mana at first.
    Early in the game I don't expect my merc. to kill anything anyhow...
    just make sure he does enough dmg and ll to survive.

    Later, when you're richer or luckier, the runes will be easy to come
    by.

    - Samiel

    "Samiel" wrote...
    > Nobody wrote:
    >>
    >>[Snip, Insight is cheapo]
    >>
    > I agree. Stick it in something low level for the mana at first.
    > Early in the game I don't expect my merc. to kill anything anyhow...
    > just make sure he does enough dmg and ll to survive.
    >
    > Later, when you're richer or luckier, the runes will be easy to come
    > by.

    To both of you: I thought Sol's were easy to come by, too, until my first
    attempt to make an Insight failed because I placed the runes in a spear
    class weapon instead of polearm class (Hey, the merc could wield it, so it
    should have worked! LOL). Anyway, I couldn't find another Sol to save my
    life, and yes, I NEEDED the infinite mana property of it. FINALLY, WEEKS
    LATER, I found another Sol... Well, I'm in Hell difficulty, for Pete's
    sake, so why on earth would I stick the runes into a normal polearm? Well,
    elite polearms were dropping, but with the wrong number of sockets, or no
    sockets at all (and few have 4 max sockets, so Larzuk would not do). Well,
    then I found a 4-socket Mancatcher, and I was, like, kewl...

    I called myself more names than you can imagine when I realized I had made
    the exact same idiotic mistake.

    Anyway, I was so disgusted that I was beside myself. After calming down a
    little, I realized that all the Terror keys I had amassed while trying to
    get the Countess to drop one stinking Sol rune could be traded for pretty
    much anything I wanted. I created a game called "Terror 4 2xSol" and within
    30 seconds, I had my runes again. LOL

    I then did ONE Nightmare cows run, and found an ethereal exceptional POLEARM
    with 4 sockets! It's stats were comparable to a non-ethereal elite, so now
    my merc is sporting the glorious Insight stick. In the very same cow farm,
    one of the bovines kindly dropped another Sol for me, as if to say, "See,
    and you were so worried..."

    Now I'm just itching to find a damn Monarch... I need +skills more than
    anything, now that the mana problem is solved.

    Brian Kastel wrote:
    > I realized that all the Terror keys I had amassed while trying to
    > get the Countess to drop one stinking Sol rune could be traded for pretty
    > much anything I wanted. I created a game called "Terror 4 2xSol" and within
    > 30 seconds, I had my runes again. LOL

    Cool :-) But I run Countess in NM for Sols and such, much faster. If I
    recall, in this ladder, I got my first Sol by trading some stuff for it
    when I was still in NM - or maybe it finally dropped somewhere. I do
    know that the merc had the Voulge minus the Sol for a while :-)

    I know what you mean about trying to make Insight in a spear class - I
    did it twice, too, having found Act 2 merc weapons with 4 open
    sockets!!! But that was on the *last* season of ladder...

    "Alex Holtz" wrote...

    > Brian Kastel wrote:
    >
    >> Do you also do this in SC?
    >
    > No, I don't play SC; East HCL only.

    :((

    "Nobody" wrote...
    > The other day I traded for Tal's mask and now he's even more "independent"
    > with the life leech.

    See my other response to your main points. As for this: wouldn't you know
    it, but I found a Tal's mask somewhere early along the way through
    nightmare, and gave it to my merc. I even found a Sazabi's helm for my sorc
    to wear around the same time. But that's it. Nothing to speak of in terms
    of uniques. She's still wearing yellow -- and, lately, orange -- gear, with
    the exception of her Goldskin armor (upped).

    I guess that's why they call it "random."

    Brian Kastel wrote:
    > "Nobody" wrote...
    >
    >>The other day I traded for Tal's mask and now he's even more "independent"
    >>with the life leech.
    >

    > See my other response to your main points. As for this: wouldn't you know
    > it, but I found a Tal's mask somewhere early along the way through
    > nightmare, and gave it to my merc. I even found a Sazabi's helm for my sorc
    > to wear around the same time. But that's it. Nothing to speak of in terms
    > of uniques. She's still wearing yellow -- and, lately, orange -- gear, with
    > the exception of her Goldskin armor (upped).

    My sorc has pretty high MF, around 360, and add the merc's insight to
    that. She's hit a "glass ceiling" in hell, and I'm gonna have to give
    some of the mf up for resists to do Meph. I die too easily in act 3 as
    it is. I'm still using a 4-ptopaz dusk shroud, lore blade barrier, MF
    mitts and boots, tal's belt, MF ring and pTopaz'd circlet with %20 FCR.
    Got a ring of +17 str so I can use a Monarch Spirit shield that I found
    in Hell Pit, where I always find them. Worth burning a socket quest.

    I have found a 3 os eth tomb reaver, and it's level 84 - I and my merc
    are only 83 and I suppose that when I get to 84, I'll have to reconfig
    for many reasons - not sure how the tomb reaver will work out, given
    I've become quite addicted to the Insight mana supply. I have Trang's
    armor to give to my Sorc, too, which is better than the Dusk Shroud.

    Lately I have been milking NM for a lot of higher end stuff that's
    possible there. I read that the Harlequin Crest (Shako) can drop, in theory.

    Spirit shield helps a bit when things get tough in act 3, but I know I
    need to overhaul my config. Merc needs better armor, I'd like to find a
    skullder's.

    > I guess that's why they call it "random."

    Yeah, within the scope of MF...

    "Nobody" wrote...

    > My sorc has pretty high MF, around 360, and add the merc's insight to
    > that. She's hit a "glass ceiling" in hell, and I'm gonna have to give some
    > of the mf up for resists to do Meph. I die too easily in act 3 as it is.
    > I'm still using a 4-ptopaz dusk shroud, lore blade barrier, MF mitts and
    > boots, tal's belt, MF ring and pTopaz'd circlet with %20 FCR. Got a ring
    > of +17 str so I can use a Monarch Spirit shield that I found in Hell Pit,
    > where I always find them. Worth burning a socket quest.

    Agreed. I don't have any more to burn, tho. :( But the big benefit to
    Spirit aside from +2 to all skills is the FCR. FCR is an absolute priority.
    She was still wearing level 3 rings of the apprentice when she got to Hell.
    I simply cannot wait to get that FCR up another notch. (The lightning tree
    is pretty much useless without massive +skills and massive FCR.)

    As for MF, I keep a separate collection of gear in my stash for that
    purpose.

    > I have found a 3 os eth tomb reaver, and it's level 84 - I and my merc are
    > only 83 and I suppose that when I get to 84, I'll have to reconfig for
    > many reasons - not sure how the tomb reaver will work out, given I've
    > become quite addicted to the Insight mana supply. I have Trang's armor to
    > give to my Sorc, too, which is better than the Dusk Shroud.

    I decided that my merc is only there to keep my mana supply topped off and
    to be a target for enemies. Using teleport, I can keep him as the main
    attraction while also pulling him away enough to keep him alive while also
    casting Blizzard on top of the packs while also casting Charged Bolt at
    them. It's a little more active playing style for a sorc, I am sure, than
    most people are accustomed to, but since this is the only class I've really
    played, I'm pretty comfortable with it. (Oh, and teleport is pretty useless
    without FCR, too.)

    I keep telling myself I'm going to stretch out and play a pally or barb, and
    have even printed a few build guides, but I still play the sorc. I still
    have mad visions of taking on Uber Tristram with her. :)

    > Lately I have been milking NM for a lot of higher end stuff that's
    > possible there. I read that the Harlequin Crest (Shako) can drop, in
    > theory.

    NM has not been kind to me. Even Hell Andy has been stingy. I've found
    just about every normal unique there is, but that's about it. My sorc just
    finished Hell Act 3 tonight, so she'll be doing Hell Meph runs now in the
    hopes of finding better gear. I am also going to keep pushing her toward
    Matriarch so that she can do Hell cows, which is a great place to find
    stuff.

    > Spirit shield helps a bit when things get tough in act 3, but I know I
    > need to overhaul my config. Merc needs better armor, I'd like to find a
    > skullder's.

    Me too!

    >> I guess that's why they call it "random."
    >
    > Yeah, within the scope of MF...

    You need a monarch? I've got a monarch unsocketed. I also have a low spirit
    in a monarch sitting on a mule. I play USWSCL. Let me know and i'll trade
    you a monarch if you want. That's if you play USWSCL yourself. Look for
    *Jake_Mysterio or *Jake_Mysterio2 .... Mostly i use *Jake_Mysterio because
    the *Jake_Mysterio2 account is a muling account pretty much....

    --
    Jake Mysterio - The Mysterious One of Nothingness.

    "Brian Kastel" <be-ar-eye-ay-en-kay-ay-ess-tee-ee-ell@tampabay.rr.com> wrote
    in message news:lQFYe.103268$4i6.95542@tornado.tampabay.rr.com...

    > "Samiel" wrote...
    >> Nobody wrote:
    >>>
    >>>[Snip, Insight is cheapo]
    >>>
    >> I agree. Stick it in something low level for the mana at first.
    >> Early in the game I don't expect my merc. to kill anything anyhow...
    >> just make sure he does enough dmg and ll to survive.
    >>
    >> Later, when you're richer or luckier, the runes will be easy to come
    >> by.
    >>

    > To both of you: I thought Sol's were easy to come by, too, until my first
    > attempt to make an Insight failed because I placed the runes in a spear
    > class weapon instead of polearm class (Hey, the merc could wield it, so it
    > should have worked! LOL). Anyway, I couldn't find another Sol to save my
    > life, and yes, I NEEDED the infinite mana property of it. FINALLY, WEEKS
    > LATER, I found another Sol... Well, I'm in Hell difficulty, for Pete's
    > sake, so why on earth would I stick the runes into a normal polearm?
    > Well, elite polearms were dropping, but with the wrong number of sockets,
    > or no sockets at all (and few have 4 max sockets, so Larzuk would not do).
    > Well, then I found a 4-socket Mancatcher, and I was, like, kewl...
    >
    > I called myself more names than you can imagine when I realized I had made
    > the exact same idiotic mistake.
    >
    > Anyway, I was so disgusted that I was beside myself. After calming down a
    > little, I realized that all the Terror keys I had amassed while trying to
    > get the Countess to drop one stinking Sol rune could be traded for pretty
    > much anything I wanted. I created a game called "Terror 4 2xSol" and
    > within 30 seconds, I had my runes again. LOL
    >
    > I then did ONE Nightmare cows run, and found an ethereal exceptional
    > POLEARM with 4 sockets! It's stats were comparable to a non-ethereal
    > elite, so now my merc is sporting the glorious Insight stick. In the very
    > same cow farm, one of the bovines kindly dropped another Sol for me, as if
    > to say, "See, and you were so worried..."
    >
    > Now I'm just itching to find a damn Monarch... I need +skills more than
    > anything, now that the mana problem is solved.

    "Jake Mysterio" wrote...
    > You need a monarch? I've got a monarch unsocketed. I also have a low
    > spirit in a monarch sitting on a mule. I play USWSCL. Let me know and i'll
    > trade you a monarch if you want. That's if you play USWSCL yourself. Look
    > for *Jake_Mysterio or *Jake_Mysterio2 .... Mostly i use *Jake_Mysterio
    > because the *Jake_Mysterio2 account is a muling account pretty much....

    Thanks, Jake, but I play USEast SCL. Your offer is appreciated, however.

    I think it was Nobody <anonymous@bogus.invalid> that wrote something
    like...

    >Lately I have been milking NM for a lot of higher end stuff that's
    >possible there. I read that the Harlequin Crest (Shako) can drop, in theory.

    Well, I know it can drop from NM baal. I was running some runs with
    my sorc to level up one of my other characters and saw a unique shako
    drop. Of course, someone else picked it up, then when people were
    asking who got it, no one answered. *shrug*

    Ashen Shugar
    The moon by day, and the sun by night.
    Blind woman, deaf man, jackdaw fool.
    Let the Lord of Chaos rule!

    On Mon, 26 Sep 2005 18:32:42 +1200, "~misfit~"
    <misfit61nz@yahooters.co.nz> wrote:

    >Bloody hell! I've got a couple Monarch's on a mule and I've just been
    >leaving the rest on the ground. USW SCL. I wonder if it's worth trading
    >them?
    >
    >I found one superior (+15% def, +11% dur) with 4 holes in it early on, plus
    >I have a plain white one on mule.

    Plain Monarchs can go from Lem-Pul.

    A 4 Socket Monarch can go for Pul pretty easily I think (which is
    strange because a Stormshield Monarch only goes for a Pul-Um).

    I've seen a Superior 4 Socket Monarch go for an Um.

    - Samiel

Torch Video Games