DeltaLima wrote:
> and why?

It's been discussed many times, but here it's in a nutshell.

FO - quite powerful without synergy. Advantage over Blizz: leaving you
room for an (almost) fully synergized second skill, most common ones
are Lightning/Chain Lightning, Meteor/FireBall.

Blizz - very powerful when fully synergized. With mediocre equipments,
she can kill 8-player Lister in less than 20 seconds, or instantly with
uber items. Quite powerful even when not fully synergized. I've seen
good Blizz/Lightning/CL, Blizz/Meteor/Fireball, and Blizz/Hydra builds.
Advantage over FO: can be cast at farther distance.

FO or Blizz? Depends on your purpose, your favorite merc, items
available, and simply playing style.

"Alex Holtz" wrote...

> DeltaLima wrote:
>> and why?
>
> It's been discussed many times, but here it's in a nutshell.
>
> FO - quite powerful without synergy. Advantage over Blizz: leaving you
> room for an (almost) fully synergized second skill, most common ones
> are Lightning/Chain Lightning, Meteor/FireBall.
>
> Blizz - very powerful when fully synergized. With mediocre equipments,
> she can kill 8-player Lister in less than 20 seconds, or instantly with
> uber items. Quite powerful even when not fully synergized. I've seen
> good Blizz/Lightning/CL, Blizz/Meteor/Fireball, and Blizz/Hydra builds.
> Advantage over FO: can be cast at farther distance.
>
> FO or Blizz? Depends on your purpose, your favorite merc, items
> available, and simply playing style.

What Alex said...

Let me just add that I prefer Blizzard (unsynergized, with a few points in
Mastery) for the noted advantage of off-screen kills, as well as the fact
that I can cast it, switch to another, cast a few volleys, and repeat in
succession to effectively double the attacking power: that is, Blizzard
continues falling while another attack is being dealt.

ok, thanks both.

As for the merc, unlike many other char that use weapon to kill I don't need
an act 2 merc. Or let me know? I found a Goldstrike I was planning to give
to a rogue. 1st time I found that weapon and the stats are not that bad so
I'll test it.

%EgYe.99409$4i6.45238@tornado.tampabay.rr.com...

DeltaLima wrote:
> ok, thanks both.
>
> As for the merc, unlike many other char that use weapon to kill I don't need
> an act 2 merc. Or let me know? I found a Goldstrike I was planning to give
> to a rogue. 1st time I found that weapon and the stats are not that bad so
> I'll test it.

Generally, Rogue and Mage mercs are good only for variety, style, and
"I just want to see if I can do it." Desert or Barb mercs are almost
always better choices for sorcs, and in fact all characters.

Goldstrike is a decent bow, IIRC after being upgraded (needs Pul), your
Rogue will only do 1500 damage. On the other hand, with an exceptional
Obedience (needs Fal&Ko) before Enchant triggers, a desert merc has
damage in the same vicinity. Not that you might want one for your
sorc's merc, but just for comparison.

In article <kRgYe.23579$2T5.373001@wagner.videotron.net>,
DeltaLima <hotmailSP@AMdeltalima.com> wrote:
>ok, thanks both.

Please don't top-post. Thank you too.

>As for the merc, unlike many other char that use weapon to kill I don't need
>an act 2 merc. Or let me know? I found a Goldstrike I was planning to give
>to a rogue. 1st time I found that weapon and the stats are not that bad so
>I'll test it.

Unless you're going for max block (so you cast the Blizzards on top of
yourself), I think you would like to have a tank around, so you have
something which will 'attract' the enemy, so you can effectively put a few
Blizzards on top of them.

But for the 'uniqueness' value, certainly feel free to use an Act 1
rogue...

Regards,

Patrick.