frumsottehg

Distinguished
Nov 26, 2002
I just recently purchased the Raedon 9700 Pro card,the Asus A7V8X motherboard, and other components. Everything is working fine except the graphics card. I have followed the instructions for installing the card. Since the motherboard has the VIA KT400 chipset I had to download the AGP 3.0 controller for it and the drivers for the card. I installed it all and then put the 9700 pro in. I turned on the power. The computer turned on, but the monitor did not receive a signal/ no cable. The card does work, we tested it in another computer and it worked fine. Of couse that computer had an intel based chipset. I have looked at the technical problems on the ATI website and teh ASUS site and none of the problems sound like mine. When I emailed tech support at ATI i received an email saying that some of the first 9700 pro cards were buggy and that I needed to contact ATI directly. Of course they charge by the minute on the phone... One thing I will probably try tomorrow is the new BIOS from asus it is Beta right now so im not sure if that would help. If anyone has any ideas or needs additional information about my problem just contact me.

Champion_Tufshop

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2002
i know kt400 had some problems with 9700pro
i dont know if there was a resolution actually, maybe the bios flash will help

also try setting the agp drive strengh to FF with another temp videocard in there before trying the radeon

is the psu good enough for the 9700pro plus system?