gambled something neat...

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo,alt.games.diablo2 (More info?)

And I wanted to take a screenshot, but no dice. I recently upgraded
to SP2 (Windows XP) and that is the only recent change I have made.
No matter what I try, nothing will take a screen shot now (not just
D2)... any ideas?

--

Weretable and the Undead Chairs

USWest - weretable
17 answers Last reply
More about gambled neat
  1. Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo,alt.games.diablo2 (More info?)

    No screenie but you can tell us the mods..

    "weretable and the undead chairs" <happy@nightmare.time> a écrit dans le
    message de news: r9lij15pp6jncuql19ais01vnaoupdg7qe@4ax.com...
    > And I wanted to take a screenshot, but no dice. I recently upgraded
    > to SP2 (Windows XP) and that is the only recent change I have made.
    > No matter what I try, nothing will take a screen shot now (not just
    > D2)... any ideas?
    >
    > --
    >
    > Weretable and the Undead Chairs
    >
    > USWest - weretable
  2. Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo,alt.games.diablo2 (More info?)

    weretable and the undead chairs wrote:
    > And I wanted to take a screenshot, but no dice. I recently upgraded
    > to SP2 (Windows XP) and that is the only recent change I have made.

    Upgraded??? Sorry for you...

    I'm not sure why MS allows ppl to do that... it's always best to install
    from scratch... Software systems are too complex for any upgrade to work
    reasonably well, in my opinion. No amount of resources from MS can
    consider (and fix) all the possible problems.
  3. Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo,alt.games.diablo2 (More info?)

    On Tue, 27 Sep 2005 09:27:59 -0500, weretable and the undead chairs
    <happy@nightmare.time> wrote:

    >And I wanted to take a screenshot, but no dice. I recently upgraded
    >to SP2 (Windows XP) and that is the only recent change I have made.
    >No matter what I try, nothing will take a screen shot now (not just
    >D2)... any ideas?

    Do you think you have any kind of Accessibility Options that might be
    interfering?

    - Samiel
  4. Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo,alt.games.diablo2 (More info?)

    DeltaLima wrote:
    > No screenie but you can tell us the mods..

    I can't add to the other discussion but would like to hear about what
    you gambled.
  5. Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo,alt.games.diablo2 (More info?)

    "weretable and the undead chairs" <happy@nightmare.time> wrote in message
    > And I wanted to take a screenshot, but no dice. I recently upgraded
    > to SP2 (Windows XP) and that is the only recent change I have made.
    > No matter what I try, nothing will take a screen shot now (not just
    > D2)... any ideas?

    I suspect you may be taking screenshot, but they are going someplace you do
    not know of. I would first press F3 from the desktop and do a search on your
    HDD for Screenshot* and see if it finds them. If they are in a place other
    than the Diablo II folder, check teh icon on the desktop and see what it has
    in the "Start In" field.

    Mickey
  6. Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo,alt.games.diablo2 (More info?)

    On that special day, weretable and the undead chairs,
    (happy@nightmare.time) said...

    > And I wanted to take a screenshot, but no dice. I recently upgraded
    > to SP2 (Windows XP) and that is the only recent change I have made.

    Weird. I had SP2 from the beginning, and can make screenshots as many
    as I like. Maybe I can, because I installed Diablo2 *after* the SP2?

    Gabriele Neukam

    Gabriele.Spamfighter.Neukam@t-online.de

    just so, at no cost.
  7. Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo,alt.games.diablo2 (More info?)

    "weretable and the undead chairs" <happy@nightmare.time> wrote in message
    > And I wanted to take a screenshot, but no dice. I recently upgraded
    > to SP2 (Windows XP) and that is the only recent change I have made.
    > No matter what I try, nothing will take a screen shot now (not just
    > D2)... any ideas?

    I've had the same problem on all my machine's that use XP/whatever sp.
    Alternative for you dload Fraps. (www.fraps.com)
    You will have to edit your screenshots for size using the free version but
    other than that it's quite handy. Works for ingame applications. HTH

    --
    In a World full of Insanity
    Here I Stand.

    Yeah, I should have said update rather than upgrade. I was using SP1
    and didn't update to SP2 for a long time since too many gamers had
    complained about it screwing stuff up.

    As for the screenshot, I never could get it working, but I will
    download fraps and see what that does for me. The gamble was an ammy
    with a 60% resist, which I have never seen before:

    +20 cold/poison resist
    +29 lit resist
    +60 fire resist
    magic damage reduced by 3

    I think it might have had some other mod, something worthless though.

    --

    Weretable and the Undead Chairs

    USWest - weretable
  9. Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo,alt.games.diablo2 (More info?)

    Nobody wrote:
    > weretable and the undead chairs wrote:
    >
    >> And I wanted to take a screenshot, but no dice. I recently upgraded
    >> to SP2 (Windows XP) and that is the only recent change I have made.
    >
    > Upgraded??? Sorry for you...
    >
    > I'm not sure why MS allows ppl to do that... it's always best to install
    > from scratch... Software systems are too complex for any upgrade to work
    > reasonably well, in my opinion. No amount of resources from MS can
    > consider (and fix) all the possible problems.

    True, but people don't want to buy a new OS every year or so. The free
    service packs are pretty much the only way to provide people with
    (somewhat) frequents improvements for free. In general the SP's for XP
    have been a good thing. They can sometimes cause a problem or two, but
    the fixed outnumber the new problems by far. The new security center
    annoys me to no end, but for novice users it's a great thing. Et cetera
    ad nauseum.

    Sorry for going off-topic there, but I can't stand it when people
    complain when MS does something good for a change. ;-)

    As for the problem at hand, you (weretable) are looking for the
    screenies in the D2 folder? You could try just pasting in paint or
    something right after pressing prtscr. If that works, D2's screen
    capping is being overridden, either by windows, or because D2 doesn't
    catch the button being pressed. If you can assign a new hotkey to screen
    capping in D2 (not sure 'cause I never tried) you want to make sure
    you're pressing the right key of course. ;-) Not likely, I know, but you
    could check just to be sure.

    Sjoerd
  10. Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo,alt.games.diablo2 (More info?)

    SjoerdH wrote:
    > Nobody wrote:
    >
    >> weretable and the undead chairs wrote:
    >>
    >>> And I wanted to take a screenshot, but no dice. I recently upgraded
    >>> to SP2 (Windows XP) and that is the only recent change I have made.
    >>

    >> Upgraded??? Sorry for you...
    >>
    >> I'm not sure why MS allows ppl to do that... it's always best to
    >> install from scratch... Software systems are too complex for any
    >> upgrade to work reasonably well, in my opinion. No amount of resources
    >> from MS can consider (and fix) all the possible problems.
    >
    > [snip]
    >
    > Sorry for going off-topic there, but I can't stand it when people
    > complain when MS does something good for a change. ;-)

    Ouf - we have a communication problem - I was thinking that it was an
    UPGRADE from pre-XP (say Win 2K) OS, rather than installing from a
    formatted hard drive.

    If it was XP -> XP SP2, then that's a good thing (and in my book, an
    UPDATE, not an UPGRADE, especially since you don't buy it)!

    I wasn't knocking SPs at all - I know that some people refuse to UPDATE
    their systems via service packs and security patches, and that's just
    stupid! If you're willing to trust MS on your system at all, then you
    should at least trust them to install their patches automatically.

    Hope I cleared the ether!

    > [snip]

    > If you can assign a new hotkey to screen
    > capping in D2 (not sure 'cause I never tried) you want to make sure
    > you're pressing the right key of course. ;-) Not likely, I know, but you
    > could check just to be sure.

    This is a good idea and it's easy to try.
  11. Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo,alt.games.diablo2 (More info?)

    Nobody wrote:

    > Ouf - we have a communication problem - I was thinking that it was an
    > UPGRADE from pre-XP (say Win 2K) OS, rather than installing from a
    > formatted hard drive.

    Ah, right, those kind of upgrades need to be banned. :-P

    Sjoerd
  12. Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo,alt.games.diablo2 (More info?)

    DOS/Win -> NT/Win = problems
    NT/WIN -> NT/Win = time savings

    SjoerdH wrote:
    > Nobody wrote:
    >

    >> Ouf - we have a communication problem - I was thinking that it was an
    >> UPGRADE from pre-XP (say Win 2K) OS, rather than installing from a
    >> formatted hard drive.
    >

    > Ah, right, those kind of upgrades need to be banned. :-P
    >
    > Sjoerd
  13. Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo,alt.games.diablo2 (More info?)

    > DOS/Win -> NT/Win = problems
    > NT/WIN -> NT/Win = time savings

    Windows, a virus cleverly disguised as an operating system. So glad I don't
    use it.

    Mickey

    > SjoerdH wrote:
    >> Nobody wrote:
    >>

    >>> Ouf - we have a communication problem - I was thinking that it was an
    >>> UPGRADE from pre-XP (say Win 2K) OS, rather than installing from a
    >>> formatted hard drive.
    >>

    >> Ah, right, those kind of upgrades need to be banned. :-P
    >>
    >> Sjoerd
  14. Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo,alt.games.diablo2 (More info?)

    Mickey <mickeyb@comcast.net> wrote:

    > "weretable and the undead chairs" <happy@nightmare.time> wrote in message
    > > And I wanted to take a screenshot, but no dice. I recently upgraded
    > > to SP2 (Windows XP) and that is the only recent change I have made.
    > > No matter what I try, nothing will take a screen shot now (not just
    > > D2)... any ideas?
    >
    > I suspect you may be taking screenshot, but they are going someplace you do
    > not know of. I would first press F3 from the desktop and do a search on your
    > HDD for Screenshot* and see if it finds them. If they are in a place other
    > than the Diablo II folder, check teh icon on the desktop and see what it has
    > in the "Start In" field.

    This was my first guess as well.

    The other possibility is that the keyboard mapping has somehow been
    altered (mind you, I installed SP2 after D2 as well and haven't had this
    problem). He might want to consider resetting the keyboard options to
    their default or set it specifically to a certain keyboard.

    Shari (Orchid)
  15. Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo,alt.games.diablo2 (More info?)

    On Tue, 27 Sep 2005 23:26:50 -0400, Mickey <mickeyb@comcast.net> wrote:

    > Windows, a virus cleverly disguised as an operating system. So glad I
    > don't use it.

    Whose computer you usin?

    --
    "Because all you of Earth are idiots!"
    ¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·-> freemont© <-·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯

    "freemont" <yabba@dabba.doo> wrote in message
    > On Tue, 27 Sep 2005 23:26:50 -0400, Mickey <mickeyb@comcast.net> wrote:
    >

    >> Windows, a virus cleverly disguised as an operating system. So glad I
    >> don't use it.

    > Whose computer you usin?

    Mine. I run OE in a windows box under Merlin (OS/2), as it's too large a
    pita to build the ini file so it can run natively.

    Mickey
  17. Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo,alt.games.diablo2 (More info?)

    weretable and the undead chairs <happy@nightmare.time>, in a display of
    leetness, fell down the stairs, tripped over an urn, and then threw a cracked
    sash at Baal...

    >Yeah, I should have said update rather than upgrade. I was using SP1
    >and didn't update to SP2 for a long time since too many gamers had
    >complained about it screwing stuff up.
    >
    >As for the screenshot, I never could get it working, but I will
    >download fraps and see what that does for me. The gamble was an ammy
    >with a 60% resist, which I have never seen before:
    >
    >+20 cold/poison resist
    >+29 lit resist
    >+60 fire resist
    >magic damage reduced by 3

    Ah, so that's 20% prismatic, then 9% lightning resistance and 40% fire
    resistance as the second and third prefixes. A shame the 9% lightning prefix
    wasn't a +skills one instead. Nice amulet though, assuming the level
    requirement is low to middling

    --
    USWest SCL: 86 barb, 87 paladin, 88 sorceress, 88 necro.

Games Diablo Windows XP Video Games