Geforce 2 mx 200 WHAT AGP SPEED?

Geoff_Ball

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2002
I've just bought a Gigabyte GA-7VAX MOBO and used my old components to rebulid my system.
The system will POST but just no screen, ( CPU fan runs and I get a memory LED )
In the MOBO manual it states that the MOBO is not compatible with AGP x2 cards ( @3.3v ) only AGP x4/x8
( @1.5v ).
MY Geforce2 mx 200 card has a slot for x2 and x4, so i was wondering what it is defaulted to? and does anyone know how to change it to x4 via a jumper.
there are no Jumpers on the MOBO for this and there is nothing in the BIOS.
I'm fairly sure this is my problem and i may have to buy a new GFX Card but how can i be sure that a newer card won't be defaulted to x2 and waste money.
I could do with knowing which GFX Cards are compatible with this MOBO? HELP

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
The card should automatically switch from 3.3v to 1.5v without doing anything. Then you'll be rewarded with the worst performance possible (My ancient TNT2 outperformed my GeForce2 MX200).

<font color=blue>You're posting in a forum with class. It may be third class, but it's still class!</font color=blue>

Geoff_Ball

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2002
Cheers for the reply, but it doesn't automatically switch
from 3.3v to 1.5v which is stopping me boooting.

has anyone else got any views please?

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
OK, to begin with, the MX200 was junk. Now, your card may be one of those rare, even trashier versions that doesn't support 1.5v AGP. While the MX200 is AGP4x, and 1.5v is part of the AGP4x specification, some REALLY CHEAP companies saved a few penies by skipping that part of the spec and forcing 3.3v. All in all, the card would probably have been worth more if they would have left the silicon in the form of sand.

<font color=blue>You're posting in a forum with class. It may be third class, but it's still class!</font color=blue>

Rubberbband

Distinguished
Jul 9, 2001
Man are you ever sarcastic today. You are honest though LOL.

The Men Behind the GUNS!

<A HREF="http://www.btvillarin.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=327" target="_new"><b>MY SYSTEM</b></A>