i95 w/o last number redial, return last call features?

Last response: in Network Providers
June 3, 2005 11:30:54 PM

I have an i95 and like it, but there are a couple of features I need that I
can't find.
Sometimes I will call a number on the road that I will never need to call
again, so there's no need to put it in the phonebook. Dialing a number,
sometimes it won't go through, or it's busy, then I have to dial again. My
phone does have an auto redial feature, but I'd rather push a button when
it's a convenient time for me to try again, not when the phone wants to,
without having to dial all over again.
The other feature I need is when I get a call, but it's not convenient to
answer at that instant, I'd like to press a button that would recall and
dial that number.
Is there a way to do these things on an i95 that I can't find? If not, is
there a NexTel-usable phone that will do them?
Anonymous
June 4, 2005 3:45:36 AM

Oh, one other feature I'd like is to have voice recognition so I could read
the number in and it dials it without me having to. That technology's been
around a long time. Voice recog only for the existing phone book is not
enough. Do any phones have this feature (NexTel hopefully)?

"insaprsr" <cmxlusegrp@xemaps.com> wrote in message
news:o d2oe.29$5M2.16@trndny06...
>I have an i95 and like it, but there are a couple of features I need that I
>can't find.
> Sometimes I will call a number on the road that I will never need to call
> again, so there's no need to put it in the phonebook. Dialing a number,
> sometimes it won't go through, or it's busy, then I have to dial again. My
> phone does have an auto redial feature, but I'd rather push a button when
> it's a convenient time for me to try again, not when the phone wants to,
> without having to dial all over again.
> The other feature I need is when I get a call, but it's not convenient to
> answer at that instant, I'd like to press a button that would recall and
> dial that number.
> Is there a way to do these things on an i95 that I can't find? If not, is
> there a NexTel-usable phone that will do them?

Anonymous
June 6, 2005 3:50:14 PM

To your first question, if you press the down arrow on the oval button on
the keypad, it will bring up your recent calls list. The number you last
dialed will be at the top of the list unless someone called you. All you
have to do is scroll to the number and press the green phone button.

As to your second question, there is a smart button on the top of the phone,
the one next to the antenna with a square on it. It will dump the call to
voice mail. You can call that number back by using the instructions above,
provided the number calling did not have caller ID block.

"insaprsr" <cmxlusegrp@xemaps.com> wrote in message
news:o d2oe.29$5M2.16@trndny06...
> I have an i95 and like it, but there are a couple of features I need that
> can't find.
> Sometimes I will call a number on the road that I will never need to call
> again, so there's no need to put it in the phonebook. Dialing a number,
> sometimes it won't go through, or it's busy, then I have to dial again. My
> phone does have an auto redial feature, but I'd rather push a button when
> it's a convenient time for me to try again, not when the phone wants to,
> without having to dial all over again.
> The other feature I need is when I get a call, but it's not convenient to
> answer at that instant, I'd like to press a button that would recall and
> dial that number.
> Is there a way to do these things on an i95 that I can't find? If not, is
> there a NexTel-usable phone that will do them?

June 8, 2005 11:10:55 PM

Zman, thank you! I appreciate your help!
The first answer works, and that's great!
The second answer does not. Maybe that's because my plan doesn't include
Caller ID?

"Zman53" <zman53@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> To your first question, if you press the down arrow on the oval button on
> the keypad, it will bring up your recent calls list. The number you last
> dialed will be at the top of the list unless someone called you. All you
> have to do is scroll to the number and press the green phone button.
>
> As to your second question, there is a smart button on the top of the
> phone,
> the one next to the antenna with a square on it. It will dump the call to
> voice mail. You can call that number back by using the instructions
> above,
> provided the number calling did not have caller ID block.
>

> "insaprsr" <cmxlusegrp@xemaps.com> wrote in message
> news:o d2oe.29$5M2.16@trndny06...
>> I have an i95 and like it, but there are a couple of features I need that
>> can't find.
>> Sometimes I will call a number on the road that I will never need to call
>> again, so there's no need to put it in the phonebook. Dialing a number,
>> sometimes it won't go through, or it's busy, then I have to dial again.
>> My
>> phone does have an auto redial feature, but I'd rather push a button when
>> it's a convenient time for me to try again, not when the phone wants to,
>> without having to dial all over again.
>> The other feature I need is when I get a call, but it's not convenient to
>> answer at that instant, I'd like to press a button that would recall and
>> dial that number.
>> Is there a way to do these things on an i95 that I can't find? If not, is
>> there a NexTel-usable phone that will do them?

Anonymous
June 9, 2005 12:31:24 AM

Ah, no caller id will do it every time... You can call them and add it for
$1... 800 639 6111
> Zman, thank you! I appreciate your help!
> The first answer works, and that's great!
> The second answer does not. Maybe that's because my plan doesn't include
> Caller ID?
>
> "Zman53" <zman53@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > To your first question, if you press the down arrow on the oval button
on
> > the keypad, it will bring up your recent calls list. The number you
last
> > dialed will be at the top of the list unless someone called you. All
you
> > have to do is scroll to the number and press the green phone button.
> >
> > As to your second question, there is a smart button on the top of the
> > phone,
> > the one next to the antenna with a square on it. It will dump the call
> > voice mail. You can call that number back by using the instructions
> > above,
> > provided the number calling did not have caller ID block.
> >

> > "insaprsr" <cmxlusegrp@xemaps.com> wrote in message
> > news:o d2oe.29$5M2.16@trndny06...
> >> I have an i95 and like it, but there are a couple of features I need
that
> >> can't find.
> >> Sometimes I will call a number on the road that I will never need to
call
> >> again, so there's no need to put it in the phonebook. Dialing a number,
> >> sometimes it won't go through, or it's busy, then I have to dial again.
> >> My
> >> phone does have an auto redial feature, but I'd rather push a button
when
> >> it's a convenient time for me to try again, not when the phone wants
to,
> >> without having to dial all over again.
> >> The other feature I need is when I get a call, but it's not convenient
> >> answer at that instant, I'd like to press a button that would recall
and
> >> dial that number.
> >> Is there a way to do these things on an i95 that I can't find? If not,
is
> >> there a NexTel-usable phone that will do them?

Anonymous
June 10, 2005 12:49:55 AM

:-)

!