Security switch or simple IDS system

Last response: in Wireless Networking
Share
June 28, 2004 3:09:37 AM

HI,
maybe you could help me. I am looking in to wireless security switch
products versus simple WIDS system and I can not make my mind. Should
I use a Reboust product like a switch or should I put a simple IDS
system ???

Can some give me few tips ??

thanks

IDan
Anonymous
a b F Wireless
a b 8 Security
June 28, 2004 2:54:28 PM

idandl@cellcom.co.il (idan) wrote in news:59afc8e6.0406272209.71160648
@posting.google.com:

> HI,
> maybe you could help me. I am looking in to wireless security switch
> products versus simple WIDS system and I can not make my mind. Should
> I use a Reboust product like a switch or should I put a simple IDS
> system ???
>
> Can some give me few tips ??
>
> thanks
>
> IDan

http://www.securityfocus.com/infocus/1742
http://www.securityfocus.com/infocus/1663

Maybe, the links will help in your decision making.

Wonder if there is something that does both signature and protocol
analysis?

I didn't know WIDS is out there interesting. :)

Duane :)
!