Monitor Won't Power Save - Card Problem?

PXAbstraction

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2001
Hey all! I recently bought a refurbished HP P1110 21" Flat Tube monitor. I have two systems on a KVM switch, one with a GeForce 3, the other (my server) with a Voodoo3 2000. Since installing this new monitor, my GeForce 3 system won't put it to power save! The picture goes out, but the monitor stays on. My server is able to put the monitor to sleep. I am using a Dell INF file for this monitor on my GeForce 3 machine (it's the exact same model and is a Windows XP INF file), but am using just Default Monitor under Windows 2000 Server as the Dell INF file does not work there. Can anyone tell me what might be wrong that is preventing one system from putting the monitor to sleep properly? I am unable to find a proper HP INF file for this model monitor and without an INF file, I can't set high refresh rates. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Parallax Abstraction,
Freelance Computer & Network Technician
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

rubikian

Distinguished
May 20, 2002
Try this link for <A HREF="http://h18007.www1.hp.com/support/files/monitors/p1100.html" target="_new">P1100</A> monitor. Not sure if P1110 is included as the P1100 series monitor.

If your monitor does not go to power save mode means that it only show a blank screen saver not in sleep mode. Did you check on your screen saver tab and click on power, see if turn off monitor option setting is set as never or not?

PXAbstraction

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2001
Yes I did. I actually don't run a screen saver (haven't for ages) so the selection is set to None. The monitor timeout is set to 60 minutes which is what I normally use. If I set the timeout to 1 minute for testing purposes, I get the same result.

Thank you for the link! I'm not sure if my monitor is included in it, but I will certainly give it a shot. This monitor seems to be a more generic model that was branded with a lot of different manufacturer names. Dell had a version, as did HP and now apparently Compaq. In theory, it shouldn't matter as they should all be the same model. We'll see what happens anyway. I'll report back on the results. Thank you!

Parallax Abstraction,
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

PXAbstraction

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2001
Hey there! Unfortunately, it doesn't look like this SoftPaq is going to work. The is no P1110 listed within the numerous monitor selections available. I appreciate the effort anyway. :) Any other potential solutions to this problem? Thanks again!

Parallax Abstraction,
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

phsstpok

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
Try this one. Click the download link.

<A HREF="http://www.monitor.support.hp.com/monitorsupport/level4/102mdf564en.exe.html" target="_new">http://www.monitor.support.hp.com/monitorsupport/level4/102mdf564en.exe.html</A>

The HP part numbers for the P1110 appear to be D2847A and D2847W

<b>99% is great, unless you are talking about system stability</b>

PXAbstraction

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2001
Hey there! I've actually tried this driver and it unfortunately doesn't work with my Windows XP machine. It will not recognise the INF file that's contained in it. I tried downgrading my monitor driver to "Plug & Play Monitor" on my Windows XP machine and that still didn't solve the problem with it not shutting off in power save mode. Oddly enough, on my Windows 2000 Server machine which is currently running with the same generic driver, the monitor shuts off just fine. Does anyone know if this is maybe an issue with my NVIDIA reference drivers? I'm running the recently WHQL certified 40.72 drivers on the machine that's not turning the monitor off. Could these be the problem or does anyone have any others ideas as to what this could be? Thanks!

Parallax Abstraction,
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

phsstpok

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
Ah, it's probably the registry keys that are the problem. Perhaps it's possible to create your own .inf using another monitor's file. With clever cut&pasting from the original HP .inf you might be able to produce what you need.

Don't know about XP .inf files. There may be subtle differences from Win2K .inf's. It was just a thought.

<b>99% is great, unless you are talking about system stability</b>