hotmail/sp2

i have just installed SP2 on a laptop and a desktop.since
whenever i try to open mail from messenger toolbar it is
opening in outlook.
i try to reconfigure from tools accounts but couldn't.can
anyone please advise how to get round this problem
thankyou very much.

belgrave

Greetings Belgrave,

Actually, the Windows Messenger version within SP2 does not have support for Add-ins which is
required for MSN support within Windows Messenger. As such, in order to get this
functionality back, you'll either need to downgrade to the previous version of Windows
Messenger (http://www.microsoft.com/windows/messenger/download.asp) or use MSN Messenger
instead (http://messenger.msn.com/Download).
Jonathan Kay
Associate Expert

"belgrave" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>i have just installed SP2 on a laptop and a desktop.since
> whenever i try to open mail from messenger toolbar it is
> opening in outlook.
> i try to reconfigure from tools accounts but couldn't.can
> anyone please advise how to get round this problem
> thankyou very much.
>
> belgrave

good morning jonathan,i am not an expert in computer
terms,so my knowledge is nil.i have messenger installed
and i tried to send an email thro messenger.still it
opens in outlook.it is ok but you don't have the
contacts.i hope msn will sort this out soon.thankyou for
prompt reply.
belgrave

Jonathan Kay.