When i try MSN Messenger 6.2 it comes with a error "1601".
can you help me??

Greetings Mads,

This usually happens if your Windows Installer is not working properly.

To correct, do the following -- click Start, then Run, and type the following:
%systemroot%\system32\msiexec.exe /regserver
then click OK.

After this, run the install again.
Jonathan Kay
Associate Expert

"Mads Oeland" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When i try MSN Messenger 6.2 it comes with a error "1601".
> can you help me??

I have the same problem trying to install msn messenger 6.2 for windows xp. I
have confirmed that windows installer is starting and is set to automatic.

I tried using your suggested resolution, but I received this error "windows
cannot find 'c:\windows\system32\msiexec.exe/regserver'. make sure you typed
the name correctly, and then try again."

I checked to make sure i typed it in correctly and i have.
Please advise.

Thanks.