MSN Messenger 6.2

When i try MSN Messenger 6.2 it comes with a error "1601".
can you help me??
2 answers Last reply
More about messenger

    Greetings Mads,

    This usually happens if your Windows Installer is not working properly.

    To correct, do the following -- click Start, then Run, and type the following:
    %systemroot%\system32\msiexec.exe /regserver
    then click OK.

    After this, run the install again.
    Jonathan Kay
    Associate Expert

    "Mads Oeland" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > When i try MSN Messenger 6.2 it comes with a error "1601".
    > can you help me??

    I have the same problem trying to install msn messenger 6.2 for windows xp. I
    have confirmed that windows installer is starting and is set to automatic.

    I tried using your suggested resolution, but I received this error "windows
    cannot find 'c:\windows\system32\msiexec.exe/regserver'. make sure you typed
    the name correctly, and then try again."

    I checked to make sure i typed it in correctly and i have.
    Please advise.

    Thanks.

    "Jonathan Kay [MVP]" wrote:

    > Greetings Mads,
    >
    > This usually happens if your Windows Installer is not working properly.
    >
    > To correct, do the following -- click Start, then Run, and type the following:
    > %systemroot%\system32\msiexec.exe /regserver
    > then click OK.
    >
    > After this, run the install again.
    > Jonathan Kay
    > Associate Expert
    >
    > "Mads Oeland" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > When i try MSN Messenger 6.2 it comes with a error "1601".
    > > can you help me??

Messenger Microsoft MSN Messenger Windows XP