Was there ever a BIOS fix for 40MB RAM limit on Dell Latit..

Archived from groups: uk.comp.sys.laptops,alt.sys.pc-clone.dell (More info?)

AFAIK, it's got the same connector as the later 166's that allowed up to
64MB, but the BIOS won't allow it. I'm PRAYING somebody sometime released
a fix for the BIOS to goto 64. Not even W95 works proper on 40, but 64
works ok. It seems it's just short. Nice design :( It was made after 95
too.
For email response, or CC, please mailto:see.my.sig.4.addr(at)bigfoot.com.
Yeah, it's really a real address :)
1 answer Last reply
More about bios 40mb limit dell latit
  1. Archived from groups: uk.comp.sys.laptops,alt.sys.pc-clone.dell (More info?)

    <see.my.sig.4.addr@nowhere.com.invalid> wrote in message
    > AFAIK, it's got the same connector as the later 166's that allowed up to
    > 64MB, but the BIOS won't allow it. I'm PRAYING somebody sometime released
    > a fix for the BIOS to goto 64. Not even W95 works proper on 40, but 64
    > works ok. It seems it's just short. Nice design :( It was made after 95
    > too.
    > For email response, or CC, please mailto:see.my.sig.4.addr(at)bigfoot.com.
    > Yeah, it's really a real address :)

    Try doing a google for it. There are a number of third party companies
    that may have one for a price. I've seen a couple for some far less popular
    and older machines. Memory fails me, but at least two companies in the past
    have offered downloadable BIOS Checkers that check the BIOS and report it
    back to you and offer to send the info to the company so that they can make
    a sales offer to you for their flash upgrade. one nice thing that comes
    with it is a rollback option should the upgrade have issues with you
    machine, etc.

    KC

Dell BIOS Computers