auto signin

how can I keep MSN messenger from auto signing in with my name?
I told it to once to automatically sign me in, now I dont want it to.
--
~fenix020387

Greetings,

You have two options -- firstly if you wish to keep your saved password but just not have
Messenger sign you in, open up the main Messenger window, click the Tools menu, then Options,
then General tab, uncheck 'Allow automatic sign in when connected to the Internet' and click
OK.

Otherwise, you can just remove your saved password so Messenger can't sign you in. To do so,
click the Start Button, then click the Control Panel. Then, click User Accounts in the
Control Panel. Select the Windows XP account name you're currently logged under, and then on
the left side of the screen, under Related Tasks, click 'Manage my Network Passwords'. In
the window that opens, click the Passport.Net\* (Passport) entry and click 'Remove'.
Jonathan Kay
Associate Expert