Remote Assistance not working tonight?

Bruce

All night, whenever I attempt to have someone Ask for
Remote Assistance, I am getting an fatal error window
(white box type), of which, unfortunately I don't recall
what it exactly said (at this hour), but something to the
effect that it would have to close down, and after that,
the remote assistance initiating box would dissappear,
but conversations could still continue. This is most
bizarre as I have never seen this in the thousand or so
times I have used this service. I thought perhaps I
should refresh Windows Messenger and wound up downgrading
it to version 4.7.0.2009 to my horror (I have XP SP-2),
and now find that I can't even get 4.7.3000 back (but
that is a separate issue). Is the Remote Assistance
Service at Microsoft having a problem or is it just me?

Hi The best thing to do is, stop using the one built into
windows and go get VNC just do a search on google for it,
that way you still can use msn 6.2 and not loose any hair
in the mean time. :)
Mike