Help me with my Ti4200 video capture driver

HandOfDragon

Distinguished
May 31, 2001
Hi, I bought the BFG GF4 Ti4200 from BB today and the card have VGA out, DVI out, and TV out ports on the back. I installed the driver and everything works fine. However, I notice that BFGTech includes the Video Capture Driver with the CD as well. So I installed the driver (called WDM Video Capture (general)) but at the end WindowsXP told me that the device cannot start and give me code 10.

The GF card works fine BTW and there is nothing actually happened after I got this message. Is there a problem with my card? I figured that there is no video in port so the video capture driver cannot find the video-in port and that is why they report that they cannot start the device. Am I understand this correctly? Or should the Nvidia WDM Video Capture driver be installed and worked even without any Video-in ports.

I begin to worry about this since I don't understand why BFG included the videocapture driver within the CD if there is no use for it. May be they use the same CD for both Ti4200 and Ti4600 (their Ti4600 have Tv-in/out port). Thanks.

Mocca

Nvidia or ATI, it's all depend on what you like and system optimization :lol:

May be they use the same CD for both Ti4200 and Ti4600 (their Ti4600 have Tv-in/out port). Thanks.
Bingo, as far as I know only the TI-4600s have capture capabilities, Cudos in figuring that one out for yourself.

Details, Details, Its all in the Details, If you need help, Don't leave out the Details.

Rubberbband

Distinguished
Jul 9, 2001
Some Ti4200 use Vivo features (mine does). You should be able to un-instal the drivers for capturig in the control panel. You don't need them.

The Men Behind the GUNS!

<A HREF="http://www.btvillarin.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=327" target="_new"><b>MY SYSTEM</b></A>

HandOfDragon

Distinguished
May 31, 2001
Thanks everyone. I uninstalled them and everything look perfect noe :)

Mocca

Nvidia or ATI, it's all depend on what you like and system optimization :lol: