A culture suggestion for civ3++

Here's a few things I'd like to see.

1. Courthouses should give culture, since it is a place where the
social mores of the country are enforced.

2. New small wonder: Supreme Court. It acts just like Forbidden
Palace as long as the government type is republic or democracy.
However, it's effective radius is considerably longer than
Forbidden Palace, but not as long as Palace. Can only be built
after X number of courts are built.

3. Entertainers should contribute to culture in the following way
(sorry for the cumbersome-ness of it):

1. An entertainer is considered a completely different entertainer
even if the same 'citizen icon' was used to create an entertainer
while 'switching'. (don't worry about accidents, a switch is
considered official when your turn ends.)

2. If an entertainer in ThisAge was created in a PreviousAge and has
existed for more than half that previous age then it contributes to
culture.

3. The older the entertainer in terms of Age, the more culture it
contributes.

So obviously entertainers of the game's last age contribute nothing to
culture and this seems to be consistent with many people's view of
today's entertainment. :)

buffcoder@hotmail.com (Buffy The Cache Coder) wrote in message news:<e3850c89.0404222304.2325835b@posting.google.com>...
> Here's a few things I'd like to see.
>
> 1. Courthouses should give culture, since it is a place where the
> social mores of the country are enforced.

yes, but judges can get bribed and the farther from the capital, the
more likely this is. you should be able to bribe enemy courthouses

> 2. New small wonder: Supreme Court. It acts just like Forbidden
> Palace as long as the government type is republic or democracy.
> However, it's effective radius is considerably longer than
> Forbidden Palace, but not as long as Palace. Can only be built
> after X number of courts are built.

Yes! One of the best Civ ideas I've ever heard. Great Idea.

"Buffy The Cache Coder" <buffcoder@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Here's a few things I'd like to see.
>
> 1. Courthouses should give culture, since it is a place where the
> social mores of the country are enforced.

Use the editor and you should be able to give culture with your courthouses
if you want.
I changed ports to give 1 food per occupied ocean square - thought it was
appropriate.

> 2. New small wonder: Supreme Court. It acts just like Forbidden
> Palace as long as the government type is republic or democracy.
> However, it's effective radius is considerably longer than
> Forbidden Palace, but not as long as Palace. Can only be built
> after X number of courts are built.

Supreme court wonder is in the DYP mod - it gives you a free courthouse in
every one of your cities.