Play the World and other online adventures!

contro

Hi once more, Guys,

Just a question on Play the World really...does it work well, and how do you
all find it? I've not played it yet, but would like to with some of my
friends, so just thought I'd see what you think of it, and if it has any
limitations or what not.

Also, I have conquests, but does this mean that when playing online against
a human player I have to go back to using the Play the World version of the
game (so that Fascism isn't there, nor are the extra population heads
(important because of the mod I've just added with the smiley faces (thanks
again, Mike!)), or added resources, and of course any new buildings or
units? That would be a real shame if that was the case!

Also, can any of the mods, Double your Pleasure or The Missing Links be
played online?

Thanks in advance!

Contro.

contro

LOL do none of you play online against another opponent?!

--
Just because you feel it doesn't mean it's there

"Contro"
<moridin@contro.freeserve.co.remove.then.add.initials.of.united.kingdom>
wrote in message news:c6onrj$nvf$1@news5.svr.pol.co.uk...
> LOL do none of you play online against another opponent?!

I am so slow to conclude on civfanatics GOTM that there is little time
for anything else. I don't like to admit defeat, so rather than give up
and do something else I struggle for centuries to claw back to a win.
Mostly I am successful, but I hate the gamble of an AI diplomatic win.
When that last happended, I sulked for days assured that I wouldn't
touch the game again.

contro

Caesar wrote:
> "Contro"
> <moridin@contro.freeserve.co.remove.then.add.initials.of.united.kingdom>
> wrote in message news:c6onrj$nvf$1@news5.svr.pol.co.uk...
>> LOL do none of you play online against another opponent?!
>>
> I am so slow to conclude on civfanatics GOTM that there is little time
> for anything else. I don't like to admit defeat, so rather than give
> up and do something else I struggle for centuries to claw back to a
> win. Mostly I am successful, but I hate the gamble of an AI
> diplomatic win. When that last happended, I sulked for days assured
> that I wouldn't touch the game again.

yes, I could see it bringing the game to a sudden end, and possibly putting
all your hard work to waste! I was wondering how that would work online too
really...would be odd.

Problem i was thinking about playing the game online too is that if you
didn't know your opponent, and they weren't doing very well, rather than do
what you do and try to claw back, they would probably quit. so I guess it
would be best to always play with someone you know really, otherwise the
game could get ruined by someone just quitting.

No idea how the online game works though to be honest. i'm assuming it's
must the same

On Wed, 28 Apr 2004 17:58:25 +0100, "Contro"
wrote:

>LOL do none of you play online against another opponent?!

I prefer to play the game on my own time and take as long as I want
between turns. That is why I never wanted to try a real time game.

contro

P12 wrote:
> On Wed, 28 Apr 2004 17:58:25 +0100, "Contro"
> <moridin@contro.freeserve.co.remove.then.add.initials.of.united.kingdom>
> wrote:
>
>> LOL do none of you play online against another opponent?!
>
> I prefer to play the game on my own time and take as long as I want
> between turns. That is why I never wanted to try a real time game.

Do you get a fixed amount of time to carry out your turn when playing it
online? I do admit that it would be annoying waiting for others to finish
and what not. The thing is, well I have a friend or two that I might play
it online with, so that would make it more fun! an MPP against one of your
friends! Ahh, fantastic! I look forward to moments like that

On Tue, 4 May 2004 13:07:53 +0100, "Contro"
wrote:

>Do you get a fixed amount of time to carry out your turn when playing it
>online? I do admit that it would be annoying waiting for others to finish
>and what not. The thing is, well I have a friend or two that I might play
>it online with, so that would make it more fun! an MPP against one of your
>friends! Ahh, fantastic! I look forward to moments like that

Some people play hot seat games. If your friend lives nearby you can
just take turns on the same computer. Then you could encourage them
along with intelligence insults if they are too slow.

contro

P12 wrote:
> On Tue, 4 May 2004 13:07:53 +0100, "Contro"
> <moridin@contro.freeserve.co.remove.then.add.initials.of.united.kingdom>
> wrote:
>
>> Do you get a fixed amount of time to carry out your turn when
>> playing it online? I do admit that it would be annoying waiting for
>> others to finish and what not. The thing is, well I have a friend
>> or two that I might play it online with, so that would make it more
>> fun! an MPP against one of your friends! Ahh, fantastic! I look
>> forward to moments like that
>
> Some people play hot seat games. If your friend lives nearby you can
> just take turns on the same computer. Then you could encourage them
> along with intelligence insults if they are too slow.

LOL true true. Well, he does live reasonably close, but there is another
friend as well that we might get to join in! He lives a bit too far away.
It would be nice to have a game, just to see how it goes. I know it might
be a very slow affair though. But something that would be nice to try!