messenger sp2 problem

September 19, 2004 9:23:28 AM

Is there a way to retain hotmail connectivity with
Windows messenger post sp2 or is MSN messenger the only
way? XP system WM ver4.7. Maybe older or newer
version? Thank you- Paul

More about : messenger sp2 problem

Anonymous
September 19, 2004 7:05:17 PM

Greetings Paul,

Yes you can. Just install the older version of Windows Messenger overtop of what's included
in SP2. You can find the older version here:
http://microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=b4...
Jonathan Kay
Associate Expert

"psideburns" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Is there a way to retain hotmail connectivity with
> Windows messenger post sp2 or is MSN messenger the only
> way? XP system WM ver4.7. Maybe older or newer
> version? Thank you- Paul
Anonymous
September 20, 2004 8:54:12 AM

familyid=b475d2d1-6266-4d82-bf78-14597545a6b4
>Jonathan Kay
>Associate Expert
>All posts unless otherwise specified are (c) 2004
Jonathan Kay.

Thank you Jonathan.
September 20, 2004 11:25:46 AM

I just did this and Messenger then said it required
an "Add In". After clicking "Yes" I get "
Windows Messenger Add-ins are no longer supported. If you
want to use instant messaging software with the benefits
of MSN Add-ins, we recommend that you install MSN
Messenger."

So ... If I do this, will "My Email Box" actually go to
my Hotmail Account? - Thanks

Bill

Anonymous
September 20, 2004 1:10:24 PM

Hi Paul,

Not a problem =)

> [...]
Anonymous
September 21, 2004 12:38:23 AM

Hi Bill,

No, if you install MSN Messenger, you will have to use MSN Messenger to access it.

You can find the Add-In here:
http://microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=73...
Jonathan Kay
Associate Expert