messenger sp2 problem

Is there a way to retain hotmail connectivity with
Windows messenger post sp2 or is MSN messenger the only
way? XP system WM ver4.7. Maybe older or newer
version? Thank you- Paul
5 answers Last reply
More about messenger problem

    Greetings Paul,

    Yes you can. Just install the older version of Windows Messenger overtop of what's included
    in SP2. You can find the older version here:
    http://microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=b475d2d1-6266-4d82-bf78-14597545a6b4
    Jonathan Kay
    Associate Expert

    "psideburns" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Is there a way to retain hotmail connectivity with
    > Windows messenger post sp2 or is MSN messenger the only
    > way? XP system WM ver4.7. Maybe older or newer
    > version? Thank you- Paul

    Jonathan Kay.

    Thank you Jonathan.

    I just did this and Messenger then said it required
    an "Add In". After clicking "Yes" I get "
    Windows Messenger Add-ins are no longer supported. If you
    want to use instant messaging software with the benefits
    of MSN Add-ins, we recommend that you install MSN
    Messenger."

    So ... If I do this, will "My Email Box" actually go to
    my Hotmail Account? - Thanks

    Bill

    Hi Paul,

    Not a problem =)

> [...]

    Hi Bill,

    No, if you install MSN Messenger, you will have to use MSN Messenger to access it.

    You can find the Add-In here:
    http://microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=738f90c1-755e-433a-bcd3-0f9d0a705f55
    Jonathan Kay
    Associate Expert

    "Billybones" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I just did this and Messenger then said it required
    > an "Add In". After clicking "Yes" I get "
    > Windows Messenger Add-ins are no longer supported. If you
    > want to use instant messaging software with the benefits
    > of MSN Add-ins, we recommend that you install MSN
    > Messenger."
    >
    > So ... If I do this, will "My Email Box" actually go to
    > my Hotmail Account? - Thanks
    >
    > Bill

Connectivity Messenger Microsoft MSN Messenger Windows XP