I was going to go into a long war with Egypt, so I switched to "Time Of
War" mode; at a certain point I declared war on Greeks too. After I took
their only city wiping their civilization away, I found the game has
switched to Normal mode, in spite of the fact I was still at war with
Egyptians.
Is this a (known) bug?

--
___ _ |
| _ (_)_ _ ___ | "The Moon ain't romantic.
| _/ | ' \/ _ \ | It's intimidating as Hell"
|_| |_|_||_\___/ | Tom Waits

On Sat, 24 Apr 2004 11:47:41 +0200, Pino Pinto
<pinopinto@vene.dave.it> wrote:

>I was going to go into a long war with Egypt, so I switched to "Time Of
>War" mode; at a certain point I declared war on Greeks too. After I took
>their only city wiping their civilization away, I found the game has
>switched to Normal mode, in spite of the fact I was still at war with
>Egyptians.
>Is this a (known) bug?

I think it is supposed to work like that only I wish it would give me
a pop up or something. You can end the war with anyone it doesn't
have to be the original civ you started mobilizing for.

"Pino Pinto" <pinopinto@vene.dave.it> wrote in message
> I was going to go into a long war with Egypt, so I switched to "Time
Of
> War" mode; at a certain point I declared war on Greeks too. After I
took
> their only city wiping their civilization away, I found the game has
> switched to Normal mode, in spite of the fact I was still at war with
> Egyptians.
> Is this a (known) bug?

"Mobilisation/Time of War" can only end with a peace treaty. In the
past, the bug was that you couldn't drop out of mobilisation if the civ
was wiped. It seems only fair for you to drop to "normal" when the
nation that you mobilised to defeat has actually been defeated.

On Sat, 24 Apr 2004 14:22:35 +0100, Caesar wrote:
> was wiped. It seems only fair for you to drop to "normal" when the
> nation that you mobilised to defeat has actually been defeated.

Sure, but in my case the nations were actually *two*, and the civ I
mobilised against was *not* wiped away and was still at war with me when
the game automatically switched to normal state.
I declared war to the other nation (the one later defeated by me) when I
was already mobilised.

--
___ _ |
| _ (_)_ _ ___ | "The Moon ain't romantic.
| _/ | ' \/ _ \ | It's intimidating as Hell"
|_| |_|_||_\___/ | Tom Waits

"Pino Pinto" <pinopinto@vene.dave.it> wrote in message
> I was going to go into a long war with Egypt, so I switched to "Time Of
> War" mode; at a certain point I declared war on Greeks too. After I took
> their only city wiping their civilization away, I found the game has
> switched to Normal mode, in spite of the fact I was still at war with
> Egyptians.
> Is this a (known) bug?

It's not a bug. It is suppose to work that way. The end of any war is the
only way to get out of mobilization.

On Sat, 24 Apr 2004 19:55:09 GMT, The Stare wrote:
> It's not a bug. It is suppose to work that way. The end of any war is the
> only way to get out of mobilization.

Hmmm... IMHO it doesn't have much sense: mobilization should last until
*all* wars you're involved in come to an end.

--
___ _ |
| _ (_)_ _ ___ | "The Moon ain't romantic.
| _/ | ' \/ _ \ | It's intimidating as Hell"
|_| |_|_||_\___/ | Tom Waits

> On Sat, 24 Apr 2004 19:55:09 GMT, The Stare wrote:
> > It's not a bug. It is suppose to work that way. The end of any war is
the
> > only way to get out of mobilization.
>
> Hmmm... IMHO it doesn't have much sense: mobilization should last until
> *all* wars you're involved in come to an end.

What if you don't want it to?

On Mon, 26 Apr 2004 21:14:02 +0200, Pino Pinto
<pinopinto@vene.dave.it> wrote:

>Hmmm... IMHO it doesn't have much sense: mobilization should last until
>*all* wars you're involved in come to an end.

Why? Only one of the civs may be considered a threat to warrant such
extremes. Plus if people keep declaring war you may never get out of
it.

Pino Pinto <pinopinto@vene.dave.it> wrote in

> On Sat, 24 Apr 2004 19:55:09 GMT, The Stare wrote:
>> It's not a bug. It is suppose to work that way. The end of any
>> war is the only way to get out of mobilization.
>
> Hmmm... IMHO it doesn't have much sense: mobilization should last
> until *all* wars you're involved in come to an end.

If you want to mobilize again for the other war, hit the button
again. How hard is that?

--
ICQ: 8105495
AIM: KeeperGFA

contro

Pino Pinto wrote:
> I was going to go into a long war with Egypt, so I switched to "Time
> Of War" mode; at a certain point I declared war on Greeks too. After
> I took their only city wiping their civilization away, I found the
> game has switched to Normal mode, in spite of the fact I was still at
> war with Egyptians.
> Is this a (known) bug?

What does the mobilise option do anyway? What difference does it make?

"Contro"
<moridin@contro.freeserve.co.remove.then.add.initials.of.united.kingdom>
wrote in message news:c6onsp$7ji$1@newsg1.svr.pol.co.uk...
> Pino Pinto wrote:
> > I was going to go into a long war with Egypt, so I switched to "Time
> > Of War" mode; at a certain point I declared war on Greeks too. After
> > I took their only city wiping their civilization away, I found the
> > game has switched to Normal mode, in spite of the fact I was still at
> > war with Egyptians.
> > Is this a (known) bug?
>
> What does the mobilise option do anyway? What difference does it make?

Mobilization gives you +1 shield on every tile that already produces at
least 1.
You cannot build any non-military improvements such as courthouse or temple.
You do not get the bonus if building a city improvement such as barracks or
units with the bombard ability (range > 0).

col

You automatically drop out of mobilisation when any war ends.

The Stare wrote:
> "Contro"
> <moridin@contro.freeserve.co.remove.then.add.initials.of.united.kingdom>
> wrote in message news:c6onsp$7ji$1@newsg1.svr.pol.co.uk...
>> Pino Pinto wrote:
>>> I was going to go into a long war with Egypt, so I switched to "Time
>>> Of War" mode; at a certain point I declared war on Greeks too. After
>>> I took their only city wiping their civilization away, I found the
>>> game has switched to Normal mode, in spite of the fact I was still
>>> at war with Egyptians.
>>> Is this a (known) bug?
>>
>> What does the mobilise option do anyway? What difference does it
>> make?
>
> Mobilization gives you +1 shield on every tile that already produces
> at least 1.
> You cannot build any non-military improvements such as courthouse or
> temple. You do not get the bonus if building a city improvement such
> as barracks or units with the bombard ability (range > 0).

ahh, I see! Thanks for that!

contro

col wrote:
> You automatically drop out of mobilisation when any war ends.

ahh, yes, this is the bug that the guy was on about. Well, I guess it's not
a bad thing really, as it might be good if you forgot. A better way would
just be to prompt you, via the advisor, if you wanted to de-mobilise or not.

> "The Stare" <wat1@not.likely.frontiernet.net> wrote in message
>>
>> "Contro"
>> <moridin@contro.freeserve.co.remove.then.add.initials.of.united.kingdom>
>> wrote in message news:c6onsp$7ji$1@newsg1.svr.pol.co.uk...
>>>
>>> What does the mobilise option do anyway? What difference does it
>>> make?
>>
>> Mobilization gives you +1 shield on every tile that already produces
>> at least 1.
>> You cannot build any non-military improvements such as courthouse or
>> temple. You do not get the bonus if building a city improvement such
>> as barracks or units with the bombard ability (range > 0).

--
Just because you feel it doesn't mean it's there

wrote in message news:c6pg1o$sl4$1@newsg2.svr.pol.co.uk...
> col wrote:
> > You automatically drop out of mobilisation when any war ends.
>
> ahh, yes, this is the bug that the guy was on about. Well, I guess
it's not
> a bad thing really, as it might be good if you forgot. A better way
would
> just be to prompt you, via the advisor, if you wanted to de-mobilise
or not.

It must be obvious fairly quickly that you have dropped out of
mobilisation, because you are suddenly invited to build normal city
improvements and military items take longer to build. If you look at
the city view it is different with far fewer shields on display.

contro

Caesar wrote:
> "Contro"
> <moridin@contro.freeserve.co.remove.then.add.initials.of.united.kingdom>
> wrote in message news:c6pg1o$sl4$1@newsg2.svr.pol.co.uk...
>> col wrote:
>>> You automatically drop out of mobilisation when any war ends.
>>
>> ahh, yes, this is the bug that the guy was on about. Well, I guess
>> it's not a bad thing really, as it might be good if you forgot. A
>> better way would just be to prompt you, via the advisor, if you
>> wanted to de-mobilise or not.
>
> It must be obvious fairly quickly that you have dropped out of
> mobilisation, because you are suddenly invited to build normal city
> improvements and military items take longer to build. If you look at
> the city view it is different with far fewer shields on display.

Yes, true! I think it isn't really a problem. Although I still think it
would be nice to be asked if you wanted to demobilise or not, rather than
just having it done anyway. but that isn't essential