Mistwolf

Distinguished
Dec 2, 2002
I read the Oct. 24th graphics guide a day or so after it was released, and after looking at all the benchmarks, decided my next video card would be the ATI 9700 (not the 9700 Pro!). I have yet to see this card released for sale anywhere, and I can't even find mention of it on their website! Did this card dissappear, or do we know when it's coming out... or am I just the only one who felt like paying 100$ less than the 9700 Pro for a card still better than the best nVidia card? =)

knowan

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2001
What do you know, you're right. I was planning on buying one in Feb, so I still got a couple of months to wait yet. I figured they would be out earlier than this since it's basically excatly the same as the pro version, just underclocked. I geuss I was wrong. Since the 9500 pro just started shipping, the 9700 non-pro should be available soon, hopefully before Xmas.

--------------
Knowan likes you. Knowan is your friend. Knowan thinks you're great.

I don't know where you're located, but the Sapphire 9500 Pro and 9700 cards will be available on 6th December in UK and Ireland, so I'm guessing they'll also be available elsewhere on a similar timescale. Other manufacturers seem to be much slower getting their cards out. For example, Hercules won't be releasing their versions until January, and I don't know when Gigabyte's cards will be available. Hope this helps.

:eek: Wingding - sugar and spice and all things vice :eek:

Ghostdog

Distinguished
May 28, 2002
I´m seeing a few 9700´s, 9500´s and 9500Pro´s here in Finland. Atleast Hercules, Gigabyte and Connect3D have their´s out.

<font color=red>I´m starting to feel like a real computer consultant.</font color=red>

Ghostdog

Distinguished
May 28, 2002
Sorry mate, this info was from "the finnish price-grabber", MBnet´s Hintaseuranta. I don´t think we have many stores here that ship abroad, but I´ll ask around.

<font color=red>I´m starting to feel like a real computer consultant.</font color=red>