MSN: how to record webcam

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.messenger,microsoft.public.msn.discussion (More info?)

Hey

I have MSN Messenger 6.2 and Messenger Plus 3.01

Is there a way to make pictures of the video screen ? I mean: can i record
the video taken from my corrspondents webcam ?
I do not need the entire video, but so now and then a screenshot on a
moment i decide.

Oh, yes i know: PrintScreen and then paste in MS Photo Editor or so.
But: very complicated, lot of copy, paste, cut, save as, etc

Is there a nice add-on proggie for MSN Messenger which allow me with one
push on a button to take the right picture and save it in the right
directory with a filename i can choose ?
1 answer Last reply
More about record webcam
  1. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.messenger,microsoft.public.msn.discussion (More info?)

    Greetings Dieter,

    This is no "nice proggie" I'm afraid, you'll simply have to capture the screen either doing
    the way you have been or using something like SnagIt (http://www.techsmith.com).
    Jonathan Kay
    Microsoft MVP - MSN Messenger/Windows Messenger
    Associate Expert

    "Dieter Aaaa" <Dieter Aaaa@pandora.cu> wrote in message

    > Hey
    >

    > I have MSN Messenger 6.2 and Messenger Plus 3.01
    >
    > Is there a way to make pictures of the video screen ? I mean: can i record
    > the video taken from my corrspondents webcam ?
    > I do not need the entire video, but so now and then a screenshot on a
    > moment i decide.
    >
    > Oh, yes i know: PrintScreen and then paste in MS Photo Editor or so.
    > But: very complicated, lot of copy, paste, cut, save as, etc
    >
    > Is there a nice add-on proggie for MSN Messenger which allow me with one
    > push on a button to take the right picture and save it in the right
    > directory with a filename i can choose ?

MSN Microsoft Windows XP