C3C 1.22 Bug: AI doesn't expand

In C3C version 1.22 I have this bug: Some AI civilizations never send out
settlers and keep sitting there with their starting city only.
4 answers Last reply
More about doesn expand
  1. Archived from groups: alt.games.civ3 (More info?)

    Are you playing a scenario, random map, or a specific mod?

    I've got one mod that the AI won't send settlers, but a building was put in
    that forced a settler to be created every 15 turns. The AI uses them and
    expands, but usually not as fast as the human players.

    If the AI is on a single tile island or small island, they may not expand.
    The AI does know the map, if they can't get there by land, they usually wait
    until they can build a harbor to connect to the cities on other lands before
    sending out settlers.

    "Dirk Dreidoppel" <dirk.dreidoppel@deadspam.com> wrote in message
    > In C3C version 1.22 I have this bug: Some AI civilizations never send out
    > settlers and keep sitting there with their starting city only.

  2. Archived from groups: alt.games.civ3 (More info?)

    "Dirk Dreidoppel" <dirk.dreidoppel@deadspam.com> wrote in message
    > In C3C version 1.22 I have this bug: Some AI civilizations never send out
    > settlers and keep sitting there with their starting city only.

    I've noticed this in C3C generally. The only thing i can think of is there
    is possibly a barbarian camp close by so they are holding back sending the
    settlers out. The AI in C3C doesn't send escorts with the settlers everytime
    like in previous versions. In my present game, when i established an embasy
    with France, they had only the capital but had 3 settlers inside it.
  3. Archived from groups: alt.games.civ3 (More info?)

    > Are you playing a scenario, random map, or a specific mod?
    >
    > I've got one mod that the AI won't send settlers, but a building was put
    in
    > that forced a settler to be created every 15 turns. The AI uses them and
    > expands, but usually not as fast as the human players.
    >
    > If the AI is on a single tile island or small island, they may not expand.
    > The AI does know the map, if they can't get there by land, they usually
    wait
    > until they can build a harbor to connect to the cities on other lands
    before
    > sending out settlers.

    Random map, small landmass, islands. In this particular game I started East
    on a fairly large island. Some distance west on the same island were the
    french, so distance north of them were the spanish. Spain expanded normally,
    but France kept sitting idle. They only built settlers after my cities
    already surrounded them. But by then they had nowhere to go anymore. I left
    them alive for quite long, actually until the Knights Templar had given me
    10 crusaders. With them I took Paris and them proceeded to mop up Spain, so
    that island is finally mine alone. The map has one other idle civ that sits
    in solitude on a small island that could support maybe 4-5 cities, not more.
  4. Archived from groups: alt.games.civ3 (More info?)

    The Stare wrote:
    > "Dirk Dreidoppel" <dirk.dreidoppel@deadspam.com> wrote in message
    >> In C3C version 1.22 I have this bug: Some AI civilizations never
    >> send out settlers and keep sitting there with their starting city
    >> only.
    >
    > I've noticed this in C3C generally. The only thing i can think of is
    > there is possibly a barbarian camp close by so they are holding back
    > sending the settlers out. The AI in C3C doesn't send escorts with the
    > settlers everytime like in previous versions. In my present game,
    > when i established an embasy with France, they had only the capital
    > but had 3 settlers inside it.

    I've never noticed any problem like this...but I've probably not played as
    much as you guys. But all seems good to me! One game I played the other
    day saw 1 civ with almost half the world, with others with large enough
    empires to suggest that they had made a good few cities. Plus overseas
    cities too.

Games Bug Expand Video Games