C3C 1.22 Bug: AI doesn't expand

In C3C version 1.22 I have this bug: Some AI civilizations never send out
settlers and keep sitting there with their starting city only.

Are you playing a scenario, random map, or a specific mod?

I've got one mod that the AI won't send settlers, but a building was put in
that forced a settler to be created every 15 turns. The AI uses them and
expands, but usually not as fast as the human players.

If the AI is on a single tile island or small island, they may not expand.
The AI does know the map, if they can't get there by land, they usually wait
until they can build a harbor to connect to the cities on other lands before
sending out settlers.

"Dirk Dreidoppel" <dirk.dreidoppel@deadspam.com> wrote in message
> In C3C version 1.22 I have this bug: Some AI civilizations never send out
> settlers and keep sitting there with their starting city only.

"Dirk Dreidoppel" <dirk.dreidoppel@deadspam.com> wrote in message
> In C3C version 1.22 I have this bug: Some AI civilizations never send out
> settlers and keep sitting there with their starting city only.

I've noticed this in C3C generally. The only thing i can think of is there
is possibly a barbarian camp close by so they are holding back sending the
settlers out. The AI in C3C doesn't send escorts with the settlers everytime
like in previous versions. In my present game, when i established an embasy
with France, they had only the capital but had 3 settlers inside it.

> Are you playing a scenario, random map, or a specific mod?
>
> I've got one mod that the AI won't send settlers, but a building was put
in
> that forced a settler to be created every 15 turns. The AI uses them and
> expands, but usually not as fast as the human players.
>
> If the AI is on a single tile island or small island, they may not expand.
> The AI does know the map, if they can't get there by land, they usually
wait
> until they can build a harbor to connect to the cities on other lands
before
> sending out settlers.

Random map, small landmass, islands. In this particular game I started East
on a fairly large island. Some distance west on the same island were the
french, so distance north of them were the spanish. Spain expanded normally,
but France kept sitting idle. They only built settlers after my cities
already surrounded them. But by then they had nowhere to go anymore. I left
them alive for quite long, actually until the Knights Templar had given me
10 crusaders. With them I took Paris and them proceeded to mop up Spain, so
that island is finally mine alone. The map has one other idle civ that sits
in solitude on a small island that could support maybe 4-5 cities, not more.

contro

The Stare wrote:
> "Dirk Dreidoppel" <dirk.dreidoppel@deadspam.com> wrote in message
>> In C3C version 1.22 I have this bug: Some AI civilizations never
>> send out settlers and keep sitting there with their starting city
>> only.
>
> I've noticed this in C3C generally. The only thing i can think of is
> there is possibly a barbarian camp close by so they are holding back
> sending the settlers out. The AI in C3C doesn't send escorts with the
> settlers everytime like in previous versions. In my present game,
> when i established an embasy with France, they had only the capital
> but had 3 settlers inside it.

I've never noticed any problem like this...but I've probably not played as
much as you guys. But all seems good to me! One game I played the other
day saw 1 civ with almost half the world, with others with large enough
empires to suggest that they had made a good few cities. Plus overseas
cities too.