No Apollo program?

When playing Civ3 Conquests as the sumerians, I wasn't able to build Apollo
Program and therefore not able to build a spaceship. I had chose "victory
throug spacerace(?)". Are there any news that i have missed?

Ralf

--
==============================
Ralf Jonasson

"Ralf Jonasson" <raffej@telia.com> wrote in message
> When playing Civ3 Conquests as the sumerians, I wasn't able to build
Apollo
> Program and therefore not able to build a spaceship. I had chose "victory
> throug spacerace(?)". Are there any news that i have missed?
>
> Ralf

I'm not aware of any bugs related to that.
Is there a resource requirement for the Apollo program?

No resource that i don´t have. I have also discovered several technologies
after the required space flight.

"The Stare" <wat1@not.likely.frontiernet.net> skrev i meddelandet

> "Ralf Jonasson" <raffej@telia.com> wrote in message
> > When playing Civ3 Conquests as the sumerians, I wasn't able to build
> Apollo
> > Program and therefore not able to build a spaceship. I had chose
"victory
> > throug spacerace(?)". Are there any news that i have missed?
> >
> > Ralf
>
> I'm not aware of any bugs related to that.
> Is there a resource requirement for the Apollo program?

I have at least one SS victory with c3c but don't remember which patch it
was with. It seems to me that the forums would be full of complaints if
there was a bug with it.

Which leaves us with your original game setup.

> No resource that i don´t have. I have also discovered several technologies
> after the required space flight.
>

> "The Stare" <wat1@not.likely.frontiernet.net> skrev i meddelandet
> >
> > "Ralf Jonasson" <raffej@telia.com> wrote in message
> > > When playing Civ3 Conquests as the sumerians, I wasn't able to build
> > Apollo
> > > Program and therefore not able to build a spaceship. I had chose
> "victory
> > > throug spacerace(?)". Are there any news that i have missed?
> > >
> > > Ralf
> >
> > I'm not aware of any bugs related to that.
> > Is there a resource requirement for the Apollo program?

> No resource that i don´t have. I have also discovered several technologies
> after the required space flight.

Do you have aluminium ? That's the only other requirement besides space
flight tech.

On Sun, 2 May 2004 10:33:07 +0200, "Dirk Dreidoppel"
<dirk.dreidoppel@deadspam.com> wrote:

>Do you have aluminium ? That's the only other requirement besides space
>flight tech.

I think you only require aluminum to build the parts though and not
the small wonder.

Yes.. I had two aluminum sources..

> Yes.. I had two aluminum sources..

Perhaps you chose "not space race". Ordinarily most win options are
available by default. The way you chose "space race" may dave
deselected it?

On Sun, 2 May 2004 16:35:32 +0100, "Caesar"
<caesar.of.rome@ntlworld.com> wrote:

>Perhaps you chose "not space race". Ordinarily most win options are
>available by default. The way you chose "space race" may dave
>deselected it?

With spies in every city you can at least watch if anyone else is
building their spaceship. Otherwise I don't think there is any way to
tell whether you chose the victory condition or not. I think the
space ship screen looks the same.

alex

"Ralf Jonasson" <raffej@telia.com> wrote in message news:4_Jkc.91320$dP1.281603@newsc.telia.net...
> When playing Civ3 Conquests as the sumerians, I wasn't able to build Apollo
> Program and therefore not able to build a spaceship. I had chose "victory
> throug spacerace(?)". Are there any news that i have missed?

You should go to victory status screen (small button marked V
at the bottom right corner of the screen) and check if space
race victory is actually enabled. The victory status screen
lists all enabled victory conditions in the leftmost column.

"The Stare" <wat1@not.likely.frontiernet.net> writes:
>"Ralf Jonasson" <raffej@telia.com> wrote in message
>> When playing Civ3 Conquests as the sumerians, I wasn't able to build
>Apollo
>> Program and therefore not able to build a spaceship. I had chose "victory
>> throug spacerace(?)". Are there any news that i have missed?
>>
>> Ralf

>I'm not aware of any bugs related to that.
>Is there a resource requirement for the Apollo program?

Aluminum.

--
Chas Blackwell <Black Isis> CITES Workstation Services Group
<cblkwell@uiuc.edu>

> I think you only require aluminum to build the parts though and not
> the small wonder.

Nope, you require it for the wonder as well. I made sure and looked it up in
the Civilopedia in the game before I posted.

contro

Well I had not problems starting to build the spaceship on the original
Civ3, although I never finished the game. But I had the apollo program up
and running.

I now have conquests, and also have it patched up to v1.22, and sucessfully
completed the apollo program the other week, winning on a space race
victory. So all should be okay.....

--
Just because you feel it doesn't mean it's there