Upgrading Messenger

AJ

I have WM 4.7. I'm trying to install MSN 6.2., I believe. Unfortunately, I
get an error during installation, 2755 specifically. What do I need to do?

Thanks,

AJ

Greetings AJ,

2755 can actually mean quite a few things, what else exactly does it say?
Jonathan Kay
Associate Expert

"AJ" <asbjiv@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:uh0qgu%23nEHA.644@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
>I have WM 4.7. I'm trying to install MSN 6.2., I believe. Unfortunately, I
> get an error during installation, 2755 specifically. What do I need to do?
>
> Thanks,
>
> AJ

AJ

Hey Jonathan,

First message box titled "Installer Information" states "The system cannot
open the device or file specified." Offers 'Retry' and 'Cancel' buttons.

I select 'Cancel'.

installing this package. This may indicate a problem with this package. The
error code is 2755."

That's it. Not really specific to me. If you're able to glean something out
of these vague messages, I commend you.

I'm still trying to google this error.

Thanks.

> Greetings AJ,
>
> 2755 can actually mean quite a few things, what else exactly does it say?
> Jonathan Kay
> Associate Expert
>
> "AJ" <asbjiv@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> >I have WM 4.7. I'm trying to install MSN 6.2., I believe. Unfortunately,
> > get an error during installation, 2755 specifically. What do I need to
do?

> > Thanks,
> >
> > AJ

AJ

Also.....

After exiting the install a final message box states...

"MSN Messenger setup has failed with error code: '1603'. Please go to the
MSN Messenger Web site and download the software from there."

I've done this with the same result.

AJ
> Greetings AJ,
>
> 2755 can actually mean quite a few things, what else exactly does it say?
> Jonathan Kay
> Associate Expert
>
> "AJ" <asbjiv@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> >I have WM 4.7. I'm trying to install MSN 6.2., I believe. Unfortunately,
> > get an error during installation, 2755 specifically. What do I need to
do?

> > Thanks,
> >
> > AJ

AJ

Jonathan,

My apologies. I got it to work.

I neglected to investigate the Event Viewer messages. The MSInsaller bombed
because I had encrypted my C:\Doc and Settings\my profile\Local
Settings\Temp directory. Unencrypting this folder allowed a clean install.

Thanks for you help.

AJ
> Greetings AJ,
>
> 2755 can actually mean quite a few things, what else exactly does it say?
> Jonathan Kay
> Associate Expert
>
> "AJ" <asbjiv@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> >I have WM 4.7. I'm trying to install MSN 6.2., I believe. Unfortunately,
> > get an error during installation, 2755 specifically. What do I need to
do?

> > Thanks,
> >
> > AJ

Hi AJ,