OnTextReceived alternative?

September 21, 2004 1:23:42 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.msn.messenger,microsoft.public.windowsxp.messenger (More info?)

Is the OnTextReceived event supported in Windows Messenger 5 or MSN
Messenger 6.2?

I have a simple reply-bot that stopped working when I "upgraded" to MSN 6.2
from Windows Messenger 4.7.

Is there an equivalent way to trap/parse/auto-reply to messages?

Thanks,

Curt
Anonymous
September 22, 2004 6:15:56 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.msn.messenger,microsoft.public.windowsxp.messenger (More info?)

Yes it is available in Windows Messenger 5, but it was removed from MSN
Messenger starting from version 5, Windows Messenger is more suitable for
this. You can have both Windows and MSN Messenger running together side by
side, with the bot running on Windows Messenger and your normal chat with
MSN Messenger. Tip: OnTextRecieved has an argument "pfEnableDefault", if you
set that to false then it won't create an IM window and display the message.

Daniel

"Curt W" <curt.whitaker-econ_nospam!@areva-td.com> wrote in message
> Is the OnTextReceived event supported in Windows Messenger 5 or MSN
> Messenger 6.2?
>
> I have a simple reply-bot that stopped working when I "upgraded" to MSN
> 6.2 from Windows Messenger 4.7.
>
> Is there an equivalent way to trap/parse/auto-reply to messages?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Curt

Anonymous
September 22, 2004 6:15:57 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.msn.messenger,microsoft.public.windowsxp.messenger (More info?)

Thanks much!

!