Not receiving alerts

Chris

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2003

Just started using a new WinXP PC that has only Windows Messenger 5.0.0381
installed. Signed in to both SIP and .NET.; however, no .NET Alerts are
appearing. When I click on the Windows Messenger Alerts tab, a "Sign Up Now"
hyperlink appears. That takes me to the Passport login page and prompts me
to "retype my password". I do that and keep "Sign me in automatically"
selected. Then I am taken to the Microsoft Alerts Content Providers page.
When I click on the Manager Alert Settings, the My Alerts page loads and
displays all of my alert configuration settings. But I still don't receive
any alerts. And when I go back to the Alerts tab, it still says "Sign Up
Now" which leads to it prompting me to retype my password again. Any idea
what is causing this disconnect problem?

FWIW, I use a different WinXP PC in the evenings. That PC does not manifest
this problem; however, it has MSN Messenger 6 installed.

Hi Chris,

Thanks for the update.
Jonathan Kay
Associate Expert