MSN Messenger 6.2 hangs up after logonproces

I run XP and have the most recent updates including SP2 and have recently
installed Norton Antivirus 2004. My Messenger functioned perfectly for more
than a week, but then suddenly on day the program stalled after logon. The is
no problem accessing the internet otherwise and I can acces my hotmail with
the normal NET. Password. I have tryed to repaer the installation, delete it
and reinstal but still gets the same trouble. If I imediatly stops the logon
proces I can acces the topmenu in Messenger, but after logon the menu typecly
disapers or the grafic apperance of the Messenger-window changes, the curser
turns to the normal hourglas and the only possible action is to terminate the
program. I get a messege saying the the program dosnt answer, and the the
reprorting a failure window appears and two files are created. I have tryed
to report the failure, but still dosnt know what to doo...???????

Hope you can help.!

Poller
1 answer Last reply
More about messenger hangs logonproces

    Greetings Poller,

    To correct this, click Start, then Run, then type:
    %appdata%\microsoft
    and click OK.

    Right-click the MSN Messenger folder and choose Delete. After all this, restart Messenger
    and see if the problem has been corrected.
    Jonathan Kay
    Associate Expert

    "Poller" <Pollererjeg@wanadoo.dk> wrote in message
    >I run XP and have the most recent updates including SP2 and have recently
    > installed Norton Antivirus 2004. My Messenger functioned perfectly for more
    > than a week, but then suddenly on day the program stalled after logon. The is
    > no problem accessing the internet otherwise and I can acces my hotmail with
    > the normal NET. Password. I have tryed to repaer the installation, delete it
    > and reinstal but still gets the same trouble. If I imediatly stops the logon
    > proces I can acces the topmenu in Messenger, but after logon the menu typecly
    > disapers or the grafic apperance of the Messenger-window changes, the curser
    > turns to the normal hourglas and the only possible action is to terminate the
    > program. I get a messege saying the the program dosnt answer, and the the
    > reprorting a failure window appears and two files are created. I have tryed
    > to report the failure, but still dosnt know what to doo...???????
    >
    > Hope you can help.!
    >
    > Poller

Messenger MSN Messenger Windows XP