Sign in with
Your question

C&C: GENERALS system reqs

Last response: in Video Games
January 16, 2003 10:51:47 PM

The set release date is feb 11th and I must say I am freakin excited (I love these games) but does anyone know anything about what the system reqs will be???

"Don't question it!!!" - Err

More about : generals system reqs

January 17, 2003 12:02:41 AM

Unfortunately, the official site from EA has some information, but the menu tab for 'System Requirements' is not clickable...just blank.

<font color=blue>
--------------------------------------------------
Guns kill people just like spoons make Rosie O'Donnell fat.
<font color=blue>
January 17, 2003 3:23:31 AM

I think for the multiplayer beta you needed a 1GHZ CPU, 256MB ram and a Geforce 2/Radeon 7500 board. Sounded a little high for a strategy game.
Related resources
January 17, 2003 4:08:34 AM

That's the price you pay for a cutting-edge game :frown:

Hopefully that's not the minimum requirement. I'd hate to have widespread slowdown in an RTS.

<font color=blue>
<font color=blue>
January 17, 2003 9:57:13 AM

Quote:
I think for the multiplayer beta you needed a 1GHZ CPU, 256MB ram and a Geforce 2/Radeon 7500 board. Sounded a little high for a strategy game.

Yeah, those were the minimum requirements (I tried to get in), and if you check out <A HREF="http://www.fileplanet.com/promotions/generals/" target="_new">here</A> they are having some contest where you get to play in the multiplayer test (yeah, its kinda late) and this is what they said for the minimum requirements are:

<i>It is based on older code, and may contain bugs, but we knew C&C fans would jump at the chance to try it! All you need is a <b>PC with a 2 Gigahertz or faster CPU, 512 MB of RAM, GeForce4 or more recent Direct3D-capable video card</b>, a FilePlanet subscription, and an adventurous spirit.</i>

So the minimum requirement for everything doubled! WTF is going on?!? Sounds <b>REALLY</b> steep for a RTS...

<font color=red> Remember, there is no such thing as a stupid question... just stupid people. </font color=red> :wink:
January 17, 2003 4:25:08 PM

That is steep. Hopefully the older code they are using with that version had not been streamlined for performance. It would explain the absurdly-high requirements for playing. I can't see a finished product require a processor that was new only a year ago. They'd never sell any copies.

<font color=blue>
<font color=blue>
January 18, 2003 3:25:42 PM

I'm thinking the same thing b/c most games seem to have min reqs of like 700Mhz now with maybe 128 of ram and a geforce2 (prob not even this much). 2gig is crazy!!!!

February 13, 2003 4:34:52 PM

the system requirements aren't bad but the reccommended involves a 1.8Gig p4. does that seem pretty high to anyone else? i have an AXP 1800+ so I guess I should be fine but this is still a pretty stiff recommendation...I'd update my proc but the next jump up that is worth it is the 2600 which goes for about 250 and I don't think that I am ready to spend that much cash...ouch!!

Anonymous
February 13, 2003 7:48:06 PM

Gamespot.com gave it a great review. Looks like a refreshing addition to the RTS genre.

-I'm not stupid, I'm just big-boned!-
February 14, 2003 3:58:13 PM

It looks pretty sweet. Good graphics and well-executed RTS. I've gotten kind of tired of RTS games, but I might give this one a shot.

<font color=blue>
<font color=blue>
February 14, 2003 8:47:41 PM

According to gamespot the system requirements are:
Minimum System Requirements
· System: PIII 800 or equivalent
· RAM: 128 MB
· Video Mode: 3D Accelerator
· Hard Drive Space (MB): 1800
· Operating System: Windows 98/2000/ME/XP

Recommended System Requirements
· System: Pentium 4 1.0 Ghz
· RAM: 256 MB

That's a big installation 1.8 gigs!!!

In ancient times they had no statistics so they had to fall back on lies
February 15, 2003 11:23:53 AM

according to the read me file

2.2. The Minimum System Spec:

The minimum required system specifications to run Command & Conquer Generals is as follows:

• OS: Windows XP/ME/2000/98 (Windows 95/NT not supported)
• CPU: 800 MHz Intel Pentium III or AMD Athlon processor
• RAM: 128 MB
• CD/DVD-Rom Speed: 8x
• Hard Drive Space: 1.8 GB free hard disk space plus space for saved games, Windows swap-file, and DirectX 8.1
• Video: 32 MB AGP video card using the Nvidia GeForce 2, ATI Radeon 7500, or more recent chipset with DirectX 8.1 compatible driver
• Sound: DirectX 8.1 compatible PCI 16-bit sound card
• Input: Keyboard, Mouse

ok settled!!!!

faster ain't a problem though

these are the recomended system specs (not minimum but recomended)

Recommended system specifications:
CPU: 1.8 GHz or faster Intel Pentium or AMD processor
RAM: 256 MB or more
CD-ROM/DVD-ROM drive: 4x or faster
Hard Drive Space: 1.8 GB free hard drive space plus space for saved games
Video: Nvidia GeForce3 or better Direct3D capable video card

p.s. it is a very WICKED GAME WITH KICK ASS GRAPHICS.
i have a 2.4 Ghz P4
1Gb ram
nvidia gf4 ti4200 128Mb
19 inch flat screen crt

C&C generals looks so cool in 1600x1200 res

it is sooooooooooo coooooool

they made it rather simple (more like dune2) so anyone can play it and it is way more fun than the more complex C&C red alert 2.
February 16, 2003 1:44:06 AM

1600x1200? Impressive.

<font color=blue>
<font color=blue>
February 16, 2003 2:54:24 AM

mmmmm flat screen too.

and thats with perfect framerates as well as all the grphics power.

Mmmmmmmmm i love new computers (untill they become old)
February 17, 2003 6:09:06 AM

@ 1600x1200, perfect frame rates are hard to imagine. But then again my Syncmaster only goes up to 1284 res. (16" viewable).

<font color=blue>
<font color=blue>
February 17, 2003 6:21:03 AM

ok they are not perfect yet they are pretty damn nice!!!

ok they are bearable (about 50FPS at the worst) at 85hz so it isn't bad on the eyes or nothing!!!

but its still beautiful
February 18, 2003 2:59:40 PM

50fps definitely qualifies as perfect in a RTS game=P

Running on a p4 2.53, 768ddr pc2700 and TI 4600. 1600x1200, max detail, no slowdowns, very smooth. SWEEEEEEEEET game.

Windows is like a house of cards... One wrong move and it all comes crashing down.
February 19, 2003 12:04:17 AM

OMG!! This game is by far one of the best RTS games ever. The only thing that sux is that the campaign is hella easy. I beat it in two days. The USA army just kills. With the airforce you dont even need to really attack. Just bomb the hell out of everyone. Max detail with no slowdowns here too. I just cant run it at 1600x1200. I dont think my 1800fp will go that high.

I may have one problem. Sometimes in campaign mode their is a flashing at the beginning mission breifings and movies. Kinda like snapshots being shown with flashes, i just see black though. I dont know what thats about. Otherwise its a really sweet game.
February 19, 2003 5:10:00 PM

The last time I played a CnC campaign seriously was Red Alert. The Russians/Soviets owned. I beat it pretty quickly. I probably had it at easy ass difficulty though.

<font color=blue>
<font color=blue>
!