[SOLVED] LION OS

Status
Not open for further replies.

musical marv

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2011
Thanks for being truthful to me about LION OS I will keep what I have Snow Leopard OS the newest one

DonnieK

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2010
I wouldn't spend the $69 to get the USB copy of Lion, but I would (and did) spend $29 to get the AppStore copy of Lion.

I really like what they have done with Spaces and Launchpad, and find it very easy to keep all of my work in one Space and all of my non-work in another space. This feature isn't new to Lion, but I find it easier to use now with some of the gestures on the multi-touch pad.

Some folks don't like the iPad/iPhone style scrolling, where a swipe down moves the page up but having used it for weeks now, I much prefer it to the older style of scrolling.

My two cents: buy it for $29 (app store), but don't buy it for $69 (usb).

musical marv

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2011
I will never spend $69.00 for this you are right sir

halcyon

Splendid

I think Launchpad is ridiculous...but a utility called Launchpad Control makes it less so. Really, I think 10.6.8 is better but there's some small UI changes/tweaks in Leon that are more attractive, to me, than Snow Leopard. ...but that's totally frivolous. Is it worth $29. Yeah, but you won't miss anything important if you stick with SL, in my opinion.

musical marv

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2011
I value your opinion because you are truthful and have good knowledge about Mac products. Thanks marv

Status
Not open for further replies.