I've had Civ 3 for some time now, and recently at a store I noticed Civ
3 Game of the Year, has new features? And an editor?

What exactly are the differences between the Civ 3 I have, with the
1.29f patch and Civ 3 Game of the Year. Is it the same, or would it be
worth it to buy it? I considered buying Game of the Year just to get the
editor.

Thanks.

"Doug" <dahjr@comcast.net> wrote in message
> I've had Civ 3 for some time now, and recently at a store I noticed Civ
> 3 Game of the Year, has new features? And an editor?
>
> What exactly are the differences between the Civ 3 I have, with the
> 1.29f patch and Civ 3 Game of the Year. Is it the same, or would it be
> worth it to buy it? I considered buying Game of the Year just to get the
> editor.

Civ3 1.29f has an editor.

Don't know anything about GOTY.

On Tue, 25 May 2004 06:51:42 GMT, "The Stare"
<wat1@not.likely.frontiernet.net> wrote:

>"Doug" <dahjr@comcast.net> wrote in message
>> I've had Civ 3 for some time now, and recently at a store I noticed Civ
>> 3 Game of the Year, has new features? And an editor?
>>
>> What exactly are the differences between the Civ 3 I have, with the
>> 1.29f patch and Civ 3 Game of the Year. Is it the same, or would it be
>> worth it to buy it? I considered buying Game of the Year just to get the
>> editor.
>
>Civ3 1.29f has an editor.
>
>Don't know anything about GOTY.

GOTY comes with a few extras like maps and a keyboard shortcut cutout.
There is nothing different with the game as long as you have the
latest online patch. For new features you would be better off buying
Conquests which comes woth PTW. Both of these expansions actually
add to the epic game.

TRENDING THREADS