Civ3Conquest Editor - help!

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic,alt.games.civ3 (More info?)

Alright, I have decided to play an unfair game against Diety...or try
to.

So I took a Civ - Went to Scenario -> Custom Rules. Edited my civ so
they got Chivalry right from the get go. Saved it as Super.biq.

Then loaded up the the game using the Super.biq. Chose the Civ - had
all the resources (none - India lets you get them for free...right).
And no option for Elephants?

Should I not start out with Elephants in my drop down menu of items?

Help? How do I get those advances right away with the Civ Editor
after I put them in?

Thanks,

Tmuld.

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic,alt.games.civ3 (More info?)

You can give yourself an advanced tech, but you won't be able to use it
until all the techs that it requires are researched.
To cheat against the AI using the editor, modify your civ's unique unit i.e.
decrease cost, increase attack/defense values, remove requirements for
resources/techs etc...

In article <e2470f35.0405251053.2b8dc10b@posting.google.com>,
tmuldoon@spliced.com (Tavish Muldoon) wrote:
>Alright, I have decided to play an unfair game against Diety...or try
>to.
>
>So I took a Civ - Went to Scenario -> Custom Rules. Edited my civ so
>they got Chivalry right from the get go. Saved it as Super.biq.
>
>Then loaded up the the game using the Super.biq. Chose the Civ - had
>all the resources (none - India lets you get them for free...right).
>And no option for Elephants?
>
>Should I not start out with Elephants in my drop down menu of items?

Elephants are not Resource. If the Indians have Chivalry they should be able
to build Ware Elephants reguardless of which resources they are hooked up to.

>Help? How do I get those advances right away with the Civ Editor
>after I put them in?
>
>Thanks,
>
>Tmuld.

AK47

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic,alt.games.civ3 (More info?)

Doesn't work.
You only get a "free tech" at the start of the period it's from.
Hence, if you take a Medieval advance, your civ will only get it as soon as
you reach medieval.
AK.