Hi Jonathan. You helped me out with the reg file (below) a little while ago,
but now I am having problems using my webcam (Logitech Quickcam) and it
seems that Windows Messenger is the culprit as it will not "release" the cam
for use by other applications. I was wondering if there is a way to undo
what the reg-file did. Can you let me know if there is a solution?
Cheers.
Eos.

reg file:
http://messenger.jonathankay.com/downloads/stopmessenger_oe.reg

Greetings Eos,

You can, but I'm not quite sure how this will solve your issue:
http://messenger.jonathankay.com/downloads/enablemessenger_oe.reg
Jonathan Kay
Associate Expert

"Eos" <FreeSoft(SkipTheBrackets)@Tiscali.co.uk> wrote in message
> Hi Jonathan. You helped me out with the reg file (below) a little while ago, but now I am
> having problems using my webcam (Logitech Quickcam) and it seems that Windows Messenger is
> the culprit as it will not "release" the cam for use by other applications. I was wondering
> if there is a way to undo what the reg-file did. Can you let me know if there is a
> solution?
> Cheers.
> Eos.
>

> reg file:
> http://messenger.jonathankay.com/downloads/stopmessenger_oe.reg

Thanks Jonothan. I used the reg-file, but the Logitech QuickCam still tells
me the cam is in use by another application.
I wish I knew how to find out 'whch' application that Windows XP means, but
I don't have a clue where to start.
Eos.

> Greetings Eos,
>
> You can, but I'm not quite sure how this will solve your issue:
> http://messenger.jonathankay.com/downloads/enablemessenger_oe.reg
> Jonathan Kay
> Associate Expert
>
> "Eos" <FreeSoft(SkipTheBrackets)@Tiscali.co.uk> wrote in message
>> Hi Jonathan. You helped me out with the reg file (below) a little while
>> ago, but now I am having problems using my webcam (Logitech Quickcam) and
>> it seems that Windows Messenger is the culprit as it will not "release"
>> the cam for use by other applications. I was wondering if there is a way
>> to undo what the reg-file did. Can you let me know if there is a
>> solution?
>> Cheers.
>> Eos.
>>

>> reg file:
>> http://messenger.jonathankay.com/downloads/stopmessenger_oe.reg

Hi,

I really don't believe it's in use. Try downloading and running the following .reg file:
http://messenger.jonathankay.com/downloads/quickcamexpress.reg

You'll need to reboot to see the change.