SONY CMR-PC1 Drivers for XP

Mike

Splendid

Hello everyone,

I have this Sony USB webcam. I still have the CD which came with it but it
hasn't passed XP settings tests (I bought this web cam in 2001 and was using
it on Win Me until last week when I installed XP Pro SP2).

Sony doesn't even know about the model (searched their web site and called
them) and an internet search hasn't yielded anything concrete.

1) does anyone know where I might be able to find a XP driver for this
model?

2) is it okay to install the driver from the CD I have even if it hasn't
passed XP tests?

Thank you for your help.

tonys

Mike wrote:
: Hello everyone,
:
: I have this Sony USB webcam. I still have the CD which came with it
: but it hasn't passed XP settings tests (I bought this web cam in 2001
: and was using it on Win Me until last week when I installed XP Pro
: SP2).
:
: Sony doesn't even know about the model (searched their web site and
: called them) and an internet search hasn't yielded anything concrete.
:
: 1) does anyone know where I might be able to find a XP driver for this
: model?
:
: 2) is it okay to install the driver from the CD I have even if it
: hasn't passed XP tests?
:
: Thank you for your help.
Have you you tried to plug it in and let windows install it?
Many devices do not need special drivers to work in XP.
TonyS

Mike

Splendid

Hi Tony. Yes I did, it's asking to look for the software (have CD ready and
all....)