Geforce 3 Ti 500 Verto 64MB

gazzrawly

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2002
I have this card and wondered how much power approx it takes when running a fully plendged game of ut2k3 :) My PSU is currently on the edge (400watts) running the 2100XP, multiple drives and over 600MB of ram. Im thinking that i need 450watt PSU+ as a result of my motherboard continuously restarting when i restart and wont launch my o/s (XP pro)

Overclocking isn't Illegal!

andyk

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2002
It could be the PSU but I once experienced a problem with similar characteristics. I found out that the vCore was too low so I unpluged all the expansion cards (except the vid card) and the power supply for all the drives except the floppy. My system still failed so I unplugged the power supply for the floppy drive also.
When I reconnected the floppy to the PSU all worked fine and the vCore was right at spec. Then I reinstalled/connected all the other stuff one at a time, and it has worked ever since without a hinch.

I don't know what caused the problem (except that is was the floppy drive) but it was most likely en erratic short shortcut at the floppy power connector.

Good luck!

Regards
Andreas