msn messenger big problem!!

September 23, 2004 4:40:05 AM

if anyone can- please help me?!!
when im using msn messenger, whenever i send or recieve
an invitation for audio or webcam conversation, my msn
freezes and computer crashes. i cant do audio, video, or
send or recieve files over msn!!
i have no idea why it does this, it never did it before,
just recently started doing it!
if anyone has any ideas, please help!!
this is my only way of contacting a friend abroad, and i
cant talk to them because of this!! :(  :(
September 23, 2004 12:08:43 PM

its me again- i typed email wrong, its-
kitten_0_1@hotmail.com... please email me if you can
help!!
thanx!!
September 24, 2004 12:39:24 AM

You may not have enough memory left, you may have too
many programs running or you may have conflicting
devices.

Rick

Anonymous
March 4, 2005 9:45:02 PM

I have a similar problem. Weather I use MSN Messenger 6.2 or Windows
Messenger 5.1. I can type to people absolutely fine, no problems, hours &
hours. The second someone tryes audio/video with me, or if I try audio/video
with them, Messenger locks up and eventually crashes after about 10min. The
same issue happens when I try the Audio/Video config.
I've unplugged my webcam to eliminate it being the problem, nogo. I've
upgraded my SBLive!5.1 drivers to the latest version. I've reinstalled MSN
Messenger. I've updated Windows Messenger (since you can't reinstall it).
- WinXP Pro SP2 w. all updates
- P4 3.0Ghz, 1024Mb 400Mhz PC3200 DDR, 200Gb SATA

!