What are the diff's B/W difficulty Levels

I've been playing this game for months now and have only got up to beating
the a Warlord Setting a few times (i know sad, it really is it seems).
Obviously the higher the setting the harder but what are all the differences
with the AI on each setting. It would be nice to know what im getting into
so I can change some of my playing habits or skills. Is there a way to find
out?

Thanks All. This really is a sweet newsgroup!!

One more questions. Has there ever been a survey or comparison drawn up on
what CIV is the best or who uses who and why. Im always using Persia and
Ottomans and ocassionaly the French. I really only go bu the attributes.
Just a Thought

wintermute

On Thu, 10 Jun 2004 06:52:35 GMT, "Prowler"
<cfmb2004@telus.net.invalid> wrote:

>I've been playing this game for months now and have only got up to beating
>the a Warlord Setting a few times (i know sad, it really is it seems).
>Obviously the higher the setting the harder but what are all the differences
>with the AI on each setting. It would be nice to know what im getting into
>so I can change some of my playing habits or skills. Is there a way to find
>out?

Here's a brief synopsis of the differences in the levels for vanilla
Civ3/PTW:

http://www.civfanatics.com/civ3infocenter.shtml#levels

In Conquests, I believe Demi-God is the equivalent of Deity in the
original, while the Conquests Deity and Sid levels are off of those
charts.

I'm kinda stuck between levels, at the moment. Win everytime on
Emperor, but can't ever win on anything higher.

> Thanks All. This really is a sweet newsgroup!!
>
>One more questions. Has there ever been a survey or comparison drawn up on
>what CIV is the best or who uses who and why. Im always using Persia and
>Ottomans and ocassionaly the French. I really only go bu the attributes.
>Just a Thought

I usually play a random CIV, cuz I like to mix it up. Really all of
them have their strengths and weaknesses, it just requires using
different strategies in order to maximize the effectiveness of each.
Well, except for the English, their just weak. :)

I'm sure you could find many threads about this in the forums at
Civfanatics. Check it out.

"Prowler" <cfmb2004@telus.net.invalid> wrote in

> I've been playing this game for months now and have only got up to
> beating the a Warlord Setting a few times (i know sad, it really
> is it seems). Obviously the higher the setting the harder but what
> are all the differences with the AI on each setting. It would be
> nice to know what im getting into so I can change some of my
> playing habits or skills. Is there a way to find out?

AFAIK there is no real difference in the AI at different difficulty
levels. The difference is in the penalties (below Regent) or bonuses
(above Regent) that the AI receives.

> Thanks All. This really is a sweet newsgroup!!
>
> One more questions. Has there ever been a survey or comparison
> drawn up on what CIV is the best or who uses who and why. Im
> always using Persia and Ottomans and ocassionaly the French. I
> really only go bu the attributes. Just a Thought

I think it mostly depends upon your style of play.

--
ICQ: 8105495
AIM: KeeperGFA

On Thu, 10 Jun 2004 06:52:35 GMT, "Prowler"
<cfmb2004@telus.net.invalid> wrote:

>I've been playing this game for months now and have only got up to beating
>the a Warlord Setting a few times (i know sad, it really is it seems).
>Obviously the higher the setting the harder but what are all the differences
>with the AI on each setting. It would be nice to know what im getting into
>so I can change some of my playing habits or skills. Is there a way to find
>out?

Most of the differences in the levels are based on handi-caps. With
Regent being about as close as one can get to an equal match. You can
comb over the fan sites to find the details of what those are. The
average regular player tends to settle in at the monarch or regent
level. Beyond that the AI gets so much of advantage it is like one
poster put "like playing a little kid at chess who pieces are all
queens.

>One more questions. Has there ever been a survey or comparison drawn up on
>what CIV is the best or who uses who and why. Im always using Persia and
>Ottomans and ocassionaly the French. I really only go bu the attributes.
>Just a Thought

I think most people use their own strategy for picking a civ. It
really depends on your playing style. I tend to look for high
productivity because it goes with my style.

For a special unit I look at speed, cost, strength, and special
abilities. I also want to get my boost after I have 4+ cities but
before 12 cities.

For traits I like industrious and religious the best.