Why Is Windows Update just sitting on my taskbar??

sharpie

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2004

It's been there for several weeks now (downloading updates: 0 %), nothing
has changed on/to my computer...so, I'm wondering why it's not updating.

Any ideas??

Thanks In Advance,
Sharpie

"sharpie" <sharpe@hfx.eastlink.ca> wrote in message
It's been there for several weeks now (downloading updates: 0 %), nothing
has changed on/to my computer...so, I'm wondering why it's not updating.

Any ideas??

Thanks In Advance,
Sharpie

It's probably trying to update your system to WinXP SP2. Total download is
about 75mb IIRC, if you're on 56k modem it would keep resetting everytime
you redial meaning you would be v.unlikely to reach 1% if downloading other
things at the same time.

I had same problem couple of weeks back, ordered the SP2 cd from the
Microsoft website, installed it and now the icon is gone.

Hope this helps!