Removing a contact from Windows Messenger 4.7

September 23, 2004 8:45:47 PM

I recently switch job and would like to remove my old
coworkers off the list but apparently this is impossible.
Because it's by design.
us;309575

Is there anyway to get around this brilliant "by design"
feature? Do I have to create a new MSN account and lose
everything on the old account just to remove one or two
contacts?
Anonymous
September 24, 2004 12:28:17 AM

Try right click on your contact and click delete.
Works on windows messenger.

--
Carl G
"cFoo" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I recently switch job and would like to remove my old
> coworkers off the list but apparently this is impossible.
> Because it's by design.
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-
> us;309575
>
> Is there anyway to get around this brilliant "by design"
> feature? Do I have to create a new MSN account and lose
> everything on the old account just to remove one or two
> contacts?
Anonymous
September 24, 2004 2:31:44 AM

Go to User accounts in the control panel, click on your login name and then
click on "Manage my network passwords"
Delete as many as you want.
Be sure to take out the generic one ????Passport.net etc.

"cFoo" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I recently switch job and would like to remove my old
> coworkers off the list but apparently this is impossible.
> Because it's by design.
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-
> us;309575
>
> Is there anyway to get around this brilliant "by design"
> feature? Do I have to create a new MSN account and lose
> everything on the old account just to remove one or two
> contacts?
Anonymous
September 24, 2004 3:05:46 PM

I wish it was that easy. It will tell you "xxx could not
be deleted. Please try again later." and then kick you
out. When attempting to do the same in the Privacy tab it
looks like the name got deleted, but when you return to
the contact list or restart the client the name is still
there.

!