Civ3 and Conquests

Is it possible to install Conquests and yet still play Civ3 vanilla or does
Conquests upgrade Civ3 completely?

--
Joe Soap

"Nic" <emailxyznifo@fogh.com> wrote in news:40d572a1$0$161
$edfadb0f@dtext02.news.tele.dk:

> Its possible

Does that mean you have to elaborately work around it or it's an explicit
option?

Just want to be sure before I install conquests. I'm having a tough enough
time as it is with c3 vanilla without taking on another ruleset.

Thanks.

--
Joe Soap

On Sun, 20 Jun 2004 18:10:46 GMT, Joe Soap <jsoap@toilet.com> wrote:

>Does that mean you have to elaborately work around it or it's an explicit
>option?
>
>Just want to be sure before I install conquests. I'm having a tough enough
>time as it is with c3 vanilla without taking on another ruleset.
>
>Thanks.

It will patch your vanilla Civ III up to the latest patch but the rest
of the changes install into a new folder. You should have seperate
shortcuts for Civ III, PTW, and Conquests. There are seperate ini
files, saved games etc.

Nic

> Does that mean you have to elaborately work around it or it's an explicit
> option?

Both executables will be available

P12 <nomail@all.com> wrote in

> On Sun, 20 Jun 2004 18:10:46 GMT, Joe Soap <jsoap@toilet.com> wrote:
>
>>Does that mean you have to elaborately work around it or it's an
>>explicit option?
>>
>>Just want to be sure before I install conquests. I'm having a tough
>>enough time as it is with c3 vanilla without taking on another
>>ruleset.
>>
>>Thanks.
>
> It will patch your vanilla Civ III up to the latest patch but the rest
> of the changes install into a new folder. You should have seperate
> shortcuts for Civ III, PTW, and Conquests. There are seperate ini
> files, saved games etc.

Great, thanks guys.

--
Joe Soap