router, access point question

Ok here is what I have. I have a 10/100 4 PC wired network with 1 hub, 1
switch, 1 print server a router and a DSL modem. I would like to add a
wireless connection to use a laptop through out the house and to use with my
Clie37 pda.

My question is will a cable/DSL router give me the same results a an access
point or will running a wired and wireless router conflict with each other?

Thanks JG

More about router access point question

    "JG" <jg@jg.net> wrote in news:40e0b415_6@corp.newsgroups.com:

    > Ok here is what I have. I have a 10/100 4 PC wired network with 1 hub,
    > 1 switch, 1 print server a router and a DSL modem. I would like to add
    > a wireless connection to use a laptop through out the house and to use
    > with my Clie37 pda.
    >
    > My question is will a cable/DSL router give me the same results a an
    > access point or will running a wired and wireless router conflict with
    > each other?

    If the routers are properly configured, wired and wireless routers will
    work well together. You can search Google on how to connect two routers
    together. The principles are the same when connecting two routers, as one
    router will become a switch. You may want to configure the wireless
    router to be a WAP/switch with all machines getting a DHCP IP from the
    wired router.

    Linksys has a good article on connecting two Linksys routers together.

    Duane :)

    "JG" <jg@jg.net> wrote in news:40e15965$1_6@corp.newsgroups.com:

    > Thanks for your answer. I don't use DHCP for my IP's, I give all my
    > machines static IP address. I don't think this would make any
    > difference in your answer, but I'm never surprised anymore.

    A router IP is a router IP DHCP assigned or using one of the router's
    static IP's. It makes no difference in the functionality.

    Duane :)

    "JG" <jg@jg.net> wrote in news:40e1ab49_6@corp.newsgroups.com:

    > I'm looking at a Netgeat WGR614 Wireless Router. Would it be possible
    > to use this router for my wired and wireless network and retire my old
    > router?

    You can use a wireless router as the only gateway device. In case you
    didn't know this, the router also has four 10/100 Mbps ports like your old
    router. It's always best to have one computer that is a wired connection to
    the router for configuration of the router.

    Duane :)

Wireless Routers Wireless Networking