CD/DVD Drive device driver missing (Windows 7)

Hello, I currently have an XP/XP dual boot. I want to instal Windows 7 on my second partition. Unfortunatly, whenever I try, I get an error stating that there is a CD/DVD device driver missing. However, I only have one Disk Drive and it works using Windows Standerd Drivers. I have tried extracting my XP optical drive drivers and directing the installer to them but still no avail. The Drive is a SH-S202J.
2 answers Last reply
More about drive device driver missing windows
  1. Light-Bearer said:
    Hello, I currently have an XP/XP dual boot. I want to instal Windows 7 on my second partition. Unfortunatly, whenever I try, I get an error stating that there is a CD/DVD device driver missing. However, I only have one Disk Drive and it works using Windows Standerd Drivers. I have tried extracting my XP optical drive drivers and directing the installer to them but still no avail. The Drive is a SH-S202J.

Where dual-booting is concerned, it's going to work better if W7 goes in fresh as top dog so it's best to pop it in the drive when you start the computer up and let it do the booting.

Another thought - unlike XP, W7 takes up more space so is on a DVD - is your ROM perhaps old enough to be only suitable for CDs?

2. The drive is a DVD burner. The DVD boots into the W7 installer then I get the error. I'm also aware that installing W7 first would be smoother but the XP installation is my primary one so I wont be reinstalling it for a while yet.
Ask a new question

Read More

Drivers Windows 7 Device Driver Windows XP