The AI Doesn't Care when they Switch Governments

I had always thought the AI went in to anarchy when I was beating on
them do to unhappiness of their people. I just finished the Rise of
Rome where most of the governments had no war weariness. Yet I still
saw civs going into anarchy while I was beating them down to
nothingness. They where trying to switch to the final government.
When your losing a couple of cities each turn that seems like a self
destructive thing to do. The extra benefits where minimal compared
to the loss of productivity.

On Fri, 25 Jun 2004 00:02:44 -0400, P12 <nomail@all.com> wrote:

>I had always thought the AI went in to anarchy when I was beating on
>them do to unhappiness of their people. I just finished the Rise of
>Rome where most of the governments had no war weariness. Yet I still
>saw civs going into anarchy while I was beating them down to
>nothingness. They where trying to switch to the final government.
>When your losing a couple of cities each turn that seems like a self
>destructive thing to do. The extra benefits where minimal compared
>to the loss of productivity.

The AI anarchy period gets shorter on higher difficulty levels -
above Regent they can switch faster than a human. However, I think
that the AI is programmed to do it anyway at all levels, even though
it does cost them.